Question about going from Custom ROM back to Touchwiz

BcSirstaroth

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I am wondering how do I switch from CM 10.0 back to TouchWiz? This is my first android phone and I have enjoyed using CyanogenMod but I would like to know how to switch back. I have the Titanium Backup app and ROM Manager app.

Do I use the Titanium Backup app first? And then what do I do next? I know I have to boot into recovery right? And then what do I do?

Thanks for your help.

eddied042092

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I am wondering how do I switch from CM 10.0 back to TouchWiz? This is my first android phone and I have enjoyed using CyanogenMod but I would like to know how to switch back. I have the Titanium Backup app and ROM Manager app.

Do I use the Titanium Backup app first? And then what do I do next? I know I have to boot into recovery right? And then what do I do?

Thanks for your help.

Well first you would have to back up your data and apps with titanium back up so you dont lose anything, then just to be sure do a full back up with rom manager. And then you have to flash the appropriate rom in cwm.

Im not sure if theres actually a way of flashing over the completely stock touchwiz so you're gonna have to do some searching on your own or you can just look for a touchwiz based rom.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes you can revert back to stock unrooted Touchwiz but it will require once again using Odin and the proper tar files to do so.

Otherwise you can run a fairly stock Touchwiz based custom ROM

This is one situation where I always recommend people make a nandroid backup of their device immediately after rooting before flashing their first Rom. That way they can return (restore the backup) to running that and still remain rooted but on the stock os when you rooted the phone initially.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

BcSirstaroth

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes you can revert back to stock unrooted Touchwiz but it will require once again using Odin and the proper tar files to do so.

Otherwise you can run a fairly stock Touchwiz based custom ROM

This is one situation where I always recommend people make a nandroid backup of their device immediately after rooting before flashing their first Rom. That way they can return (restore the backup) to running that and still remain rooted but on the stock os when you rooted the phone initially.

Thank you. Well I guess I've learned my lesson. I will use Nandroid for now on. I'll find a Touchwiz Rom then.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
No problem. Trust me we've all made our share of mistakes learning the ropes of rooting.

BcSirstaroth

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Just curious........is it possible for me to do a complete factory rest? Then re-root my phone? Then use the Nandroid and etc? Since I am using CM10.0 currently.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes if you restore back to factory stock that will work. Factory reset "via Settings" on a rooted phone is a no no unless its done within your custom recovery "Factory Reset/Data Wipe"

keshavbook

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
hello...
i have rooted my phone galaxy note 2.. and i kinda messed it up.. i installed coustom rom cm 10.2.. but i forgot to backup the things..
now i dont have anything.. not even play store.. not even titanium back up.. plz help me asap.. i will be really thank full to u..

keshavbook

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
hello...
i have rooted my phone galaxy note 2.. and i kinda messed it up.. i installed coustom rom cm 10.2.. but i forgot to backup the things..
now i dont have anything.. not even play store.. not even titanium back up.. plz help me asap.. i will be really thank full to u..