ParanoidKangdroid

Ronnie2

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Paranoid Android+AOKP+CM10.1= Best rom ever. If you guys like the features of any of those roms paranoidkangdroid is the rom for you. Tablet and phablet mode like PA, AOKP extras with a CM10.1 base. And it seems much more stable than the current CM10.1 nightlies. I think this rom has finally cured my rom flashing addiction hehe.

Check it out and see what you think. Make a backup, wipe data, wipe system, wipe cache then flash away. Flash Gapps after the rom just like any CM rom. You can always restore a backup if you don't like it :)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1944523

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364314048117.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364314048117.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 56
  • uploadfromtaptalk1364314070320.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364314070320.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 55

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I had that before I flashed to Wicked Sensations last night. I like it as well but may flash back.

I have tried CM, Paranoid Android, Liquid Smooth, Jellybam as well and always found myself going back to ParanoidKANGdroid

Ronnie2

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Cool same here, I've flashed just about every rom for our phone and I keep going back to this rom. I think its the one I'm sticking with from now on.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Cool same here, I've flashed just about every rom for our phone and I keep going back to this rom. I think its the one I'm sticking with from now on.

I want to flash this rom, but choose the stock UI option. Will i still have 4.2.2 w/all the stock options?

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
the stock option in the Paranoid section UI is just a mode you select the phone to be in with the notifications, time signals etc at the top of the screen. Tablet puts the notifications, clock etc etc down at the bottom and also have the choice of choosing the font size.

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
to add a little to stock mode.......you can't modify the apps like you can in tablet mode. Example is You Tube. In tablet mode you can modify the app to display like it does on a tablet

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
to add a little to stock mode.......you can't modify the apps like you can in tablet mode. Example is You Tube. In tablet mode you can modify the app to display like it does on a tablet

Having never flashed a rom, and knowing that you are a lot more knowledgeable at this than i am, i need to know if this, or any rom for AT&T, has a provision for outgoing (sent mail) sounds. I want to attach a sound to my texts, and emails when i send them out. Thanks.

Ronnie2

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Having never flashed a rom, and knowing that you are a lot more knowledgeable at this than i am, i need to know if this, or any rom for AT&T, has a provision for outgoing (sent mail) sounds. I want to attach a sound to my texts, and emails when i send them out. Thanks.

I'm not sure of any of them do with the default SMS app, but try downloading GO SMS Pro from the Play Store. In the app press menu then go into settings. Click on the advanced tab at the top and click notification settings. Then click "enable sent notifications." That should be what you're looking for.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk HD

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure of any of them do with the default SMS app, but try downloading GO SMS Pro from the Play Store. In the app press menu then go into settings. Click on the advanced tab at the top and click notification settings. Then click "enable sent notifications." That should be what you're looking for.

Yeah, i tried that already, but GoSMS Pro kept crashing my Gmail Contacts. Couldn't figure out why, so i deleted it. I just figured that besides getting to use 4.2.2, rooting my phone could get me into the notifications and sounds, where i could add that "sent mail" to the other categories that were already imbedded into the system. Thanks for all your help.:)

P.S. I plan on downloading that rom to my ext sd card, and then put it into rom manager and go from there. If there's a better way, please let me know. This is my first go at this.

Ronnie2

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, i tried that already, but GoSMS Pro kept crashing my Gmail Contacts. Couldn't figure out why, so i deleted it. I just figured that besides getting to use 4.2.2, rooting my phone could get me into the notifications and sounds, where i could add that "sent mail" to the other categories that were already imbedded into the system. Thanks for all your help.:)

P.S. I plan on downloading that rom to my ext sd card, and then put it into rom manager and go from there. If there's a better way, please let me know. This is my first go at this.

Don't use ROM manager just flash the ROM in recovery. Rom Manager has problems wiping stuff correctly, possibly ending in a bootloop or worse.

If anything i would install Goomanager so you can install TWRP recovery first, its much better than Clockworkmod recovery. Wipe system, data/factory reset, and both cache and dalvik cache before flashing the ROM. If you need some help with that or have a question feel free to ask :)

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Don't use ROM manager just flash the ROM in recovery. Rom Manager has problems wiping stuff correctly, possibly ending in a bootloop or worse.

If anything i would install Goomanager so you can install TWRP recovery first, its much better than Clockworkmod recovery. Wipe system, data/factory reset, and both cache and dalvik cache before flashing the ROM. If you need some help with that or have a question feel free to ask :)

I'm going to use Skunkape60's guide to root my phone. This will install CWM recovery. After installation, can i add Goomanager? Can i substitute a different file in the rooting process, to download Goomanager & TWRP recovery instead of CWM recovery? I've been reading so much, that i'm starting to get confused.:confused:

Ronnie2

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to use Skunkape60's guide to root my phone. This will install CWM recovery. After installation, can i add Goomanager? Can i substitute a different file in the rooting process, to download Goomanager & TWRP recovery instead of CWM recovery? I've been reading so much, that i'm starting to get confused.:confused:

Just root the phone first. After the phone is rooted you can download Goomanager from the play store to flash TWRP. Its all a bit confusing at first but once you have it down its a piece of cake.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Just root the phone first. After the phone is rooted you can download Goomanager from the play store to flash TWRP. Its all a bit confusing at first but once you have it down its a piece of cake.

Thanks. I'll let you know how it turns out.:)

wado1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Paranoid Android+AOKP+CM10.1= Best rom ever. If you guys like the features of any of those roms paranoidkangdroid is the rom for you. Tablet and phablet mode like PA, AOKP extras with a CM10.1 base. And it seems much more stable than the current CM10.1 nightlies. I think this rom has finally cured my rom flashing addiction hehe.

I'd have to agree 100%, I was flashing CM10.1 nightlies but they started getting unstable. Flashed ParanoidKang and I FRICKIN LOVE IT!

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
@Ronnie2...I'm rooted, and good to go. I've installed GooManager & Titanium Backup, and i'm going to do a back-up now(while my phone is still stock), just to play it safe.:)

Update: I've downloaded the Rom, and Gapps(although I still have Google Play on my phone), and I just need you to check back with me, to make sure that I flash it correctly. Thank again, for all your help.:)

Last edited:

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
back to PK 2.22 after trying Wicked Sensations out for a week. I keep coming back after trying out others. Love this ROM

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I've got ParanoidKangDroid downloaded onto my desktop. How do I get it working on my phone? Please.:)

Update: If I've only got the stock rom on my phone, do I still have to wipe data/factory reset, before I flash a new rom?

Last edited:

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
A really good idea would be to Google How to flash a Rom and read before flashing. This will show you how to do it.

[HOW-TO] Proper method to flash a ROM - xda-developers

How To Flash A ROM - The SuperUser's Guide

How to flash ParanoidKANGdroid for the Galaxy S3 I747

[ROM][4.2.2][AOKPA:CM10.1] ParanoidKANGdroid 2.22 (3/19) - xda-developers

You have to transfer the ROM to your phone but you will also need the appropriate gapps file as well. Then read before flashing.so you know how. Make sure you are flashing the files meant for your phone.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
A really good idea would be to Google How to flash a Rom and read before flashing. This will show you how to do it.

[HOW-TO] Proper method to flash a ROM - xda-developers

How To Flash A ROM - The SuperUser's Guide

How to flash ParanoidKANGdroid for the Galaxy S3 I747

[ROM][4.2.2][AOKPA:CM10.1] ParanoidKANGdroid 2.22 (3/19) - xda-developers

You have to transfer the ROM to your phone but you will also need the appropriate gapps file as well. Then read before flashing.so you know how. Make sure you are flashing the files meant for your phone.

O.K. Everything up and running, but I have some questions.
1- How do I get the badges to appear on email and messaging?
2- How do I get rid of the lockscreen clock, and add my own (i'm using Widget Locker)?

I've got a suspicion that Widget Locker does not "play nice" with this rom. Thanks again for your help.:)
3- How do I add the email and messages icons, to the lockscreen?
P.S. I have an encrypted app called "aWallet". I lost all the data within it. Is there any way to get it back?

myIphone4s

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I am not used to that app, but try settings-rom control allow lock screen rotation and unlimted widgets. Lock phone rotate to landscape pull down on clock and remove and replace with what ever

Hope I helped out in a rush this morning

Edit you can use portrait, go to settings interface and it should be there

Last edited: