how to download play store on cyanogen

Salsabin Kapur

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Someone please help me after I rooted my phone and downloaded the cyanogen ROM which updated my phone to 4.2.2 I cannot download play store! What can I do

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Did you flash the GAPPS package that is associated with CM?

That will give you the Play Store.

Major

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
What the Cyanogenmod instructions fail to mention is that Google Apps are not included in the ROM. You should download and copy the Gapps zip file (do a search on the Cyanogenmod site and you should find it) to your phone so that you can unzip and install it like you did the Cyanogenmod zip file. The original download link didn't work for me, but the mirror site link did. Somewhere along the line my autorotation broke, but updating to the latest Nightly version fixed it. Worked on it for a couple of hours but it paid off. I put Nova launcher on top of Cyanogenmod and it's humming along now. I wouldn't trade my modded S3 for a brand new S4 or One.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Someone please help me after I rooted my phone and downloaded the cyanogen ROM which updated my phone to 4.2.2 I cannot download play store! What can I do

Download goomanager from the Internet for android. Install it and go to download gapps, it will automatically find the correct one for your android version.

Yea due to a dispute with Google, custom roms that don't have license rights to Google apps can't include them. This excludes oem roms of course.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech