Hey guys,
    So by mistake (stupidity) I attempted to load the pre-release version of 4.2.2, from sammobile to my Galaxy S3. Well of course its not for my model of phone which is SGH-1747M, So I get an error that says 'Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again'. I now know that I need to look and make sure that the firmware release pertains to the model of phone that I am using....lesson learned I suppose. My questions is can I just follow the steps that I found here and call it good? I can still get into download mode but thats about all my phone can do currently.
    Thanks for the help everyone.
    07-05-2013 11:17 AM
    Hey guys,
    So by mistake (stupidity) I attempted to load the pre-release version of 4.2.2, from sammobile to my Galaxy S3. Well of course its not for my model of phone which is SGH-1747M, So I get an error that says 'Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again'. I now know that I need to look and make sure that the firmware release pertains to the model of phone that I am using....lesson learned I suppose. My questions is can I just follow the steps that I found here and call it good? I can still get into download mode but thats about all my phone can do currently.
    Thanks for the help everyone.
    Download mode is good. You should be able to follow this advice and be OK. Just make sure you download proper files for you EXACT model.
    DucatiGuy13 likes this.
    07-05-2013 11:33 AM
    Agreed.
    DucatiGuy13 and Golfdriver97 like this.
    07-05-2013 01:26 PM
    I just tried it out and everything seems to be working fine.
    07-05-2013 01:31 PM
    I just tried it out and everything seems to be working fine.
    Cool. Any other problems...ask.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-05-2013 05:16 PM
    Download mode is good. You should be able to follow this advice and be OK. Just make sure you download proper files for you EXACT model.
    Hi guys-- i'm in a bind.

I thought i had the same problem as the above-- but im still stuck on the logo screen.

some background:
    - Samsung S3 (international, swiss)
    - I have no backup
    - my phone is not rooted
    - download mode, and recovery mode work fine
    - rec. mode says unable to mount efs (invalid argument)
    - I have tried absolutely everything, cache wipe, data wipe, tried flashing 4.2.2, 4.3, 4.1.1, custom roms, with Odin
    - tried installing through SD card- i get a failure to recognize signature

PLEASE HELP
    09-25-2013 09:25 AM
    Hi guys-- i'm in a bind.

I thought i had the same problem as the above-- but im still stuck on the logo screen.

some background:
    - Samsung S3 (international, swiss)
    - I have no backup
    - my phone is not rooted
    - download mode, and recovery mode work fine
    - rec. mode says unable to mount efs (invalid argument)
    - I have tried absolutely everything, cache wipe, data wipe, tried flashing 4.2.2, 4.3, 4.1.1, custom roms, with Odin
    - tried installing through SD card- i get a failure to recognize signature

PLEASE HELP
    Welcome to the forums!
    Have you tried a factory reset through recovery?
    09-25-2013 10:13 AM
    Thanks for the welcome!

yes, i have tried everything under the sun. i have now managed to install cmw touch, but now it wont mount the SD card
    10-05-2013 08:36 AM
    I'm in worse shape than this, I believe. My phone ONLY reboots into Odin download mode by itself with the error message "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again." I've pulled the battery and when I replace it, the phone again reboots in the Odin download mode with the same error message. That's all I can get the phone to do. What are my options? Thanks!
    12-26-2013 01:16 PM
    Having the same prob, but now that samsung-updates doesn't have much of their stock roms cause of hotfile, i need to find a place where i can get a stock rom that actually works. Can anyone direct me to a site?
    01-04-2014 10:48 PM