Hey guys so im running carbon rom for a month or two now, and for awhile goomanager has said there is an update available, so i finally give in. I boot into recovery, and install the update for carbon rom, as well as the gapps update it told me was available. after reboot i now constantly get the error com,android,phone has stopped working or w.e. it is not allowing me to do anything, i tried re installing gapps, and the rom update, as well as wiping cache. any ideas?
    08-28-2013 12:38 PM
    Hey guys so im running carbon rom for a month or two now, and for awhile goomanager has said there is an update available, so i finally give in. I boot into recovery, and install the update for carbon rom, as well as the gapps update it told me was available. after reboot i now constantly get the error com,android,phone has stopped working or w.e. it is not allowing me to do anything, i tried re installing gapps, and the rom update, as well as wiping cache. any ideas?
    If you can navigate. Go to your settings > applications > and find phone/phone storage and wipe the data/cache from there. Or you can just boot into recovery and wipe Dalvik. see if that helps
    08-28-2013 12:41 PM
    wiped dalvik from recovery already, did nothing, and no i cannot navigate
    i even tried installing the previous version of gapps
    08-28-2013 12:42 PM
    wiped dalvik from recovery already, did nothing, and no i cannot navigate
    i even tried installing the previous version of gapps
    Did you dirty flash the ROM update?
    Id try doing a clean flash of the ROM again. Im sure it will fix it
    08-28-2013 01:13 PM
    what d you mean by dirty flash?
    08-28-2013 01:16 PM
    what d you mean by dirty flash?
    A dirty flash is when you just install the new ROM over the existing ROM (considering they have the same base, CM or Stock) without doing a full wipe before hand.
    This has the potential of causing problems. A clean flash is when you wipe the whole phone clean. Then install the new ROM/Kernel/gapps/Mods/etc
    08-28-2013 01:51 PM
    ah ok, how would i go about doing a full clean wipe but saving settings somehow
    08-28-2013 02:15 PM
    ah ok, how would i go about doing a full clean wipe but saving settings somehow
    Make sure you have the new ROM.zip saved on the phone. Also make sure you have the Gapps saved on the phone. Then go to recovery and say wipe data, factory reset, wipe cache, and wipe dalvik. Then flash the ROM and Gapps. Then just reboot. You will have to sign back in and all your previous app should re-download (as long as you have the phone back-uped and synced with google now) (also when the phone is going through the setup it will have a check mark by "restore")

What kind of settings do you want to save?
    08-28-2013 02:33 PM
    What other processes could com.android.phone refer to?

I have a tablet and it gives me this error every second no matter how many times I push okay.

My tablet is already screwed so I already tried factory reset and I cannot flash as I have tried 3 top roms and my tablets factory ROM and it just wont do it so I JUST WANT TO KNOW how do I remove it or what app do I remove to get rid of it?
    02-06-2016 03:42 PM