Took a video with s3, can't find it.

Jonette2

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
At the end of the video, my phone froze. There I am, petrified. I can't make this video again. Its not possible. It was a ginormous tree falling in my backyard. There are no do overs. Please help me find the video. Its like it disappeared into no where. I have looked everywhere. Its not on the camera app I used to film it. Its not in a video player. Where did it go. Please don't tell me it's lost forever.
ItsmeJonette

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Use a file manager app to look for the LOST.DIR folder on either your external SD card or your internal storage. If your phone doesn't have a preinstalled file manager, then install a 3rd party one like Total Commander or ES File Explorer. LOST.DIR is where Android throws files that might have glitched during saving, just like if your phone froze while taking a video. The files probably won't have any filenames that make a whole lot of sense, but pick some of the larger ones and try opening them with the video player. You might have to add on ".mp4" to the filename by renaming the file. It might be easier to look for your lost video by copying the contents of LOST.DIR directly to your computer, or transferring the SD card over to your computer, and looking there.

Good luck!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So you can't find a LOST.DIR folder anywhere? LOST.DIR is almost immediately created when you plug an SD card into a phone. Don't look for it by hooking the phone up to the computer--depending on the type of connection, not all folders may be shown that way. Install one of the file managers I mentioned above (Total Commander or ES File Explorer), and look for the folder using that app.

Another alternative is to install AirDroid, which allows you to explore your phone's storage wirelessly from an interface on your computer. You can also transfer files wirelessly that way as well.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No, I don't think so.

You were never able to locate a LOST.DIR on your internal storage using a file manager app on your phone?

- - - Updated - - -

Jonette2

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Never could find it. I wish I could. I downloaded the file manager and used the search function, but it just searches forever and never finds anything. I know it's been a while since I replied to this, I've just been super busy.. Thanks.

ItsmeJonette

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC