Beginner - Help!! Error Status 7

SheldDaaady

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I just rooted my AT&T Galaxy S3

Specs:

Model number: SAMSUNG-SGH-I747
Android Verson: 4.3

I am trying to install the AOKP Rom for my device. I have it all downloaded and know how to install it but I keep getting Status error 7. What is happening? I read a little online and it says this error is for whenever you have the incorrect ROM version? Please help!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I just rooted my AT&T Galaxy S3

Specs:

Model number: SAMSUNG-SGH-I747
Android Verson: 4.3

I am trying to install the AOKP Rom for my device. I have it all downloaded and know how to install it but I keep getting Status error 7. What is happening? I read a little online and it says this error is for whenever you have the incorrect ROM version? Please help!

Welcome to the forums.
Where did you get the ROM?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
You might have the wrong ROM. Are you sure it's for the right model number? I know custom recoveries will occasionally prevent you from flashing the wrong one.
What are you using? TWRP? CWM?

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Some ROMs don't like certain versions of custom recoveries either.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

SheldDaaady

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I also tried a different rom called HellFire and it still didnt work. I got the same error.

EDIT: I got it. I downloaded the ROM Manager App by CWM and I got it to work first try!!!

Last edited:

alfranez

May 22, 2012
Visit site
I know this is already solved, but not specified very well.
The problem was not the recovery type, it was the recovery VERSION
Updating CWM to it's latest version solve it, it's was too old and showed Status 7 trying to update to Kitkat.
Now i'm freaking happy! :D

Ion Vasiloi

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem. Tried wiping cache, delvik cache, formatting, nothing solved the problem. Then just i wanted to shoot down the phone and start it normally again in order to copy another version of rom. At this time the loader asked me to reROOT the phone cause it could be possibly unrooted accidentaly. Surely i've chosen "YES". The Phone was shutted down. When I've opened the phone it started by itself in the loader menu, it didn't start normally. But what was weird that it was seing my external sdhc. I've thought to retry installing the ROM and it worked. NO ERROR. So the problem was to REROOT the phone. Hope it works for you!
p.s. The rom I was flashing is Slim-galaxysmtd-4.4.2.build.4-OFFICIAL-3640 Created 2014-03-31