Stock apps

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Went back to stock(4.3) until the CWMod fiasco is fixed, and noticed something different. The stock phone, messages, and email apps all get badges when activated. This doesn't happen(with those stock apps) in 4.4.2 without an extra app such as Notifier+, or others. How can i bring over those stock apps when i re-root?:confused:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Went back to stock(4.3) until the CWMod fiasco is fixed, and noticed something different. The stock phone, messages, and email apps all get badges when activated. This doesn't happen(with those stock apps) in 4.4.2 without an extra app such as Notifier+, or others. How can i bring over those stock apps when i re-root?:confused:
You can't, unless someone has ported the stock apps to work on the ROM you are using with root. You should be able to install a stock, rooted version of the latest ROM for the AT&T S3 model and have access to those apps. Otherwise, on any other ROM you'll need to use an app (which you already know) or install a compatible version of the stock apps (if someone has made it available) on your rooted ROM.