Need help to update my Rooted AT&T GS3 to KitKat

yohannyphm

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Need any link or help to update to KitKat, I have GS3 from AT&T unlocked and Rooted I upgraded it to 4.3 by using XDA developers 4.3 without Knox method due to no OTA updates was obtained by searching via phone, now the AT&T KitKat update is out but no updates shows. Is there a way to do the update by same or similar method

Posted via Android Central App

yohannyphm

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Just did what you told me and it worked perfectly. Took time to reed everything on the thread and several other treads, just go make sure to know how to react if everything goes south. But no even a hiccup. Thanks a lot

Posted via Android Central App

Shawn14

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I am new here. I am glad I found this post. This is exactly what I was looking for. I just want to verify my understanding of the procedure, so I will not brick my phone.
1) Factory reset, I assume using TWRP will be okay.
2) Flash stock rom, either Odex or Deodex. (what is the difference?)
3) Reboot phone, go through startup. Do I need to register my google account and so on before moving to the next step?
4) Open SuperSU to disable knox. Any details on this? Is that something SuperSU will process automatically or I have to hunt for it?
5) Do step 4 again if it is stuck.
6) Done.

And what is the kernel file under the description of "Stock Kernel, insecure, init.d, sdcard R/W, selinux permissive". Do I need to flash this file and when?

Thank you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc