GS3 Release Date in US by AT&T

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Just guessing based upon a time window of a June 20-27 release which is based upon the TMO release date and Samsung goal to release within a month of the international release outside the US.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Is June 20th the Magic Date for Unveiling Galaxy S3 in US? | Android Phones, Android Tablets, News, Tech, Gadgets And More, Thedroidguy

Samsung Galaxy S3 to be unveiled on June 20 in New York?

It seems like the June 20th date is gaining steam as more blogs and "leaks". Hopefully, AT&T will get on the ball and start pre-orders.

No real new info here. Same NY tour date already talked about. So the question is just how this event correlates to launch.
Promotional post-release event?
Launch date announcement?
Specs and future availability? (Last year this is what happened. Announced but no official dates)
Maybe it will be "now available"

I imagine they will want a preorder period to boost anticipation. So I am hoping they have a press release, start preorders, and have the tour start on release day.

Sent from my Samsung SGH-i727 on ATT LTE

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
When I pre-ordered my wiife's i4s, it preceded the release by a week or two but it was four weeks after release that she got it from AT&T.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
When I pre-ordered my wiife's i4s, it preceded the release by a week or two but it was four weeks after release that she got it from AT&T.

I've learned a few things from pre-orders.

1. You have to do it immediately after the pre-orders are announced (to get the first shipment)

2. In some cases, people can walk into the store and get the phone while you're still standing in front of your house waiting for the UPS/FEDEX/USPS truck to come. Lol

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I heard from a ATT store rep that they still had not heard about pre-orders which probably means that they are coming soon.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I've learned a few things from pre-orders.

1. You have to do it immediately after the pre-orders are announced (to get the first shipment)

2. In some cases, people can walk into the store and get the phone while you're still standing in front of your house waiting for the UPS/FEDEX/USPS truck to come. Lol

Can you preorder in store, right after announced? I don't even know if ATT takes preorders on non-iPhones. Don't believe they did for the SGSII.

Sent from my Samsung Galxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-i727 on ATT LTE

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Some say being at the store early to purchase in person is faster. Given the potential demand, pre-orders would at least guarantee that you get one sooner once they sell the initial shipment out and that you do get one.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Some say being at the store early to purchase in person is faster. Given the potential demand, pre-orders would at least guarantee that you get one sooner once they sell the initial shipment out and that you do get one.

I know some that preordered the OneX got it on the day before. They usually launch on sundays, and no delivery on Sundays. I went on the day the SGSII and Skyrocket launched. Both about an hour after they opened. No problems then, but I wonder if demand will be greater this time.

Sent from my Samsung Galxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-i727 on ATT LTE

Reactions: equishd

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
That's a good point on the normal Sunday release. I'm paying full price. I'll just pre-order just in case. I can always return it when it gets delivered if its after Sunday

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Anybody here use the default google backup for contacts when switching Android phones? I know your google account automatically backs some of that up, right?

I went from a SGSII to the Skyrocket, but they transferred sim card data in store. So, if I get the sgs3 delivered, the contacs should auto sync when I sign into my google account, right?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-i727 on ATT LTE

equishd

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Anybody here use the default google backup for contacts when switching Android phones? I know your google account automatically backs some of that up, right?

I went from a SGSII to the Skyrocket, but they transferred sim card data in store. So, if I get the sgs3 delivered, the contacs should auto sync when I sign into my google account, right?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-i727 on ATT LTE

I keep all my contacts back up w gmail. Been doing I since the day G1 came out

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Android Central Forums

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
That's as good a guess as any. The HOX is $199 for the 16 GB. The GS3 may have the same with $249 for the 32 GB.

equishd

May 20, 2012
Visit site
That's as good a guess as any. The HOX is $199 for the 16 GB. The GS3 may have the same with $249 for the 32 GB.

I'm willing to pay $250 for 32 just dnt go verizon stupid charging $300

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Android Central Forums

rlb

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

So just in case the launch date is on a Sunday, I guess it would be better to have the pre order sent to the store vs home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC