June 21 confirmed

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I was told the card would be charged when the phone shipped, and I asked more than once. However, the full amount was charged to my account at the time of order.

/speculation Could this mean they really are already in store!?! /end speculation

Yeah, online it says that you won't be charged until it ships but that they will be putting a hold on the full amount until it ships. So basically it doesn't actually leave your bank until it ships but you won't be able to use those funds since they are on hold. I only asked cause I preordered it yesterday and they only hit my card for $1. I ended up canceling the preorder cause I didn't want those funds to be held. If I would have kept the pre order it probably would have held the full amount this morning.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
My card has not been charged anything so far for the preorder.

Edit: Full amount hit my Amex this afternoon.

Last edited:

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I was told there would be a full charge. I didn't look at my account, so I didn't know. Guess a hold is prety much the same deal.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-i727 on ATT LTE

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
One of my best friends sells phone in an AT&T corporate store. They don't have the phone or a demo phone for that matter. I find it hard to believe that any store would have inventory of this phone.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
There must be some US inventory available as pre-orders are being shipped 3-5 business days after order. Granted the replacement could have been talking out of his head about the store inventory.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
There must be some US inventory available as pre-orders are being shipped 3-5 business days after order. Granted the replacement could have been talking out of his head about the store inventory.

3 to 5 days? Where did you come up with those numbers? Started preorders Wed., so 5 business days would be next wed. the 13th.

fitzdafifth

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
3 to 5 days? Where did you come up with those numbers? Started preorders Wed., so 5 business days would be next wed. the 13th.

We preordered in stores then got a confirmation email saying it was shipping in 3 to 5 days. Not sure if this email is entirely accurate or what I've only seen us two on here mentioning such an email.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
My card has two pending charges on it from AT&T.

1 for a dollar and the other the actual amount. Kind of lame since the phone hasn't shipped yet.

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I agree. It should be like amazon where they don't hold the funds or charge you until it ships. I've worked in the payment processing department of a company for a number of years and learned that there really is no standard. Everyone does it different.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
LOL I had three charges of $1 on my account and one for 199, I have no idea what is going on. I was suppose to be charged tax and upgrade fee but so far they were not charged. Only 199, I have no idea if they are going to have another charge separate for tax and upgrade fee. It says on my invoice that one time charge to credit card for 279.

I guess I'll find out in a few days.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
We preordered in stores then got a confirmation email saying it was shipping in 3 to 5 days. Not sure if this email is entirely accurate or what I've only seen us two on here mentioning such an email.

I wonder if they hold it anyway. Probably will not be able to pick up in stores early, but definitely makes you wonder about the device being in ATT warehouses.

I think they should let us get them early, but don't think they care what I think.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Full amount hit my card late this afternoon.

I think I prefer this anyway. Rather know the money is gone, instead of keeping track of my account to make sure money is available.

EDIT: they took my full $249 as well.
Good thing for me. Now no worries, just waiting

Last edited:

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I ended up pre ordering it again. Bummer that now it's saying ship on or around the 21st when yesterday it said the 18th for me.

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Do we have to sign for the package? Will it come Fed-X or UPS?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I always rather have them take out the money right away if it is a preorder. I don't know why people get mad about it or cancel their pre order. I mean I would rather not forget and be surprised by it later. If it is going to be gone in two weeks,it might as well leave now so I don't have to worry about it later.

Reactions: LazrRocketArm