Just successfully ordered through AT&T Premier NO COMMITMENT :D

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
For all of those who want to pre-order and don't have an upgrade available its a no brainier.

Select smartphones

Then it tells you have don't have an upgrade at this time, but qualify for no commitment pricing.

Takes you to the AT&T Premier Website

Select GSIII and follow directions

Nowhere does it mention my data plan which is the $30/smartphone unlimited plan

Delivery on or before June 21st :D

Reactions: gimme#AC

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Just successfully ordered through AT&T Premier NO COMMITMENT

Can't wait. :D So it didn't mention your data plan or anything did it?

Bosk_77

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

I just orderd through Premier this morning. For me it did stop at the data plan page, but I had the option to keep my current unlimitied plan.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

This really isn't new....you've been able to do that for a while now.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

This really isn't new....you've been able to do that for a while now.

Well I wanted to post my success, as I've read many times people sometimes have problems pre-ordering/ordering from the Premier website.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Well I wanted to post my success, as I've read many times people sometimes have problems pre-ordering/ordering from the Premier website.

Thanks for posting! I have pre ordered using your method. I was concerned because I have unlimited data and did not want to hassel with att to change it back if it was messed up. This way everything should be ready to roll by June 21! I have a SIM cutter so should be ready to roll out the box if they do not send one.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for posting! I have pre ordered using your method. I was concerned because I have unlimited data and did not want to hassel with att to change it back if it was messed up. This way everything should be ready to roll by June 21! I have a SIM cutter so should be ready to roll out the box if they do not send one.

I've already switched twice now to an LTE unlimited plan from AT&T and had no problems. Just had them switch it back to unlimited 3G/HSPA+ and zero issues. So when I get the phone I'll call them up to activate the SIM card and have them change me to Unlimited Data for 4G LTE Smartphones.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site

Excuse me for my stupidity but in order to do that do I have to have an AT&T business account and does ordering through the premier account entitle me for the discount? I have been trying to follow the OP's instructions but can't figure out how to get to the premier page with my current login. Thank you.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

Excuse me for my stupidity but in order to do that do I have to have an AT&T business account and does ordering through the premier account entitle me for the discount? I have been trying to follow the OP's instructions but can't figure out how to get to the premier page with my current login. Thank you.

I think its all the same. I logged into my AT&T account and then chose upgrade. It then took me to the Premier website and I chose the option to "Pre-order" the SGSIII. It said I did not qualify for an upgrade and the only option was the $549.99 commitment price which is what I wanted.

I have the old $30 unlimited smartphone data plan and it never mentioned anything about my data plan, so when I get the phone I'll just call in and have them change it to the Unlimited Data for 4G LTE Smartphones.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

Yeah mine was like $588 after taxes but that's still not a bad price.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I think its all the same. I logged into my AT&T account and then chose upgrade. It then took me to the Premier website and I chose the option to "Pre-order" the SGSIII. It said I did not qualify for an upgrade and the only option was the $549.99 commitment price which is what I wanted.

I have the old $30 unlimited smartphone data plan and it never mentioned anything about my data plan, so when I get the phone I'll just call in and have them change it to the Unlimited Data for 4G LTE Smartphones.

Oh OK thanks. I get the same no commitment price if I just go to upgrade my device without premier option.. I was just wondering if this way (with premier) you get the discount. OK thanks.

Reactions: jcochran1977

gimme#AC

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

Checked at two area stores in past couple days & was told each time that pre-orders are for new/upgrade-able contracts only, and that No Commitment pricing would not be an option online or in-store until after the devices are made widely available in two weeks.
:confused:

Anyways...
Ditto per MattMJB0188 & wildman30! I also preordered online, at full retail, and it appears no change was made to my old unlimited plan.
"Your order is expected to ship on or around Jun/21/2012."
:cool:

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

Wondering if anyone who ordered through the AT&T Premier website is having issues checking their order status?

For some reason it's just brining up a blank page. Gonna call tomorrow.

Lorak

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Wondering if anyone who ordered through the AT&T Premier website is having issues checking their order status?

For some reason it's just brining up a blank page. Gonna call tomorrow.

Yep, blank page since Tuesday.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

soothslyr

May 26, 2012
Visit site

i am buying it for full cost as well ($550). i am coming from a 3G phone, so i don't want it to change my unlimited data plan. i have grown kind of fond of that lol

any chance i can get at&t to upgrade the unlimited 3G data to unlimited LTE, or am i just going to have to use 3G the whole time?

anyone else had this issue?

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

i am buying it for full cost as well ($550). i am coming from a 3G phone, so i don't want it to change my unlimited data plan. i have grown kind of fond of that lol

any chance i can get at&t to upgrade the unlimited 3G data to unlimited LTE, or am i just going to have to use 3G the whole time?

anyone else had this issue?

Doesn't matter. ATT has not made the upgrades go off unlimited DATA. You will be good. If you order online, just be careful and pay attention to the section where you select your data plan.