Exchange my hox for the sgs3

spacecasespiff

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
I have until the 13th to return my hox so my question is that can I exchange it for a phone ( sgs3) that's not out yet and not have to pay anything?? I got the hox on a new contract price so am I able to do that or will I have to pay full price for sgs3?????
Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

jcochran1977

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
I purchased my HOX on the 2nd of June so I believe I have 30 days from then to change ny mind so I am hoping a store will have one in when it comes out so I can decide between the two.

Anyone have any opinions

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
You can always take the One X back before the 30 days and use a differnt phone for a week or so.
The skyrocket released after the 30 day return window of the GSII.
I took my SGSII back and used an old 3gs until Skyrocket launched.

I prefer the Sammy over the hox.
Not good luck with HTC in the past, for me anyway.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-i727 on ATT LTE

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I played with the HOX some more while waiting to pre-order. Even with no demo SG3, I still feel great about my decision to get the SG3.

spacecasespiff

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to use a friends iPhone 3g phone. But what I'm concerned with is will they let me get the sgs3 for no money. So when I go get the sgs3 will it cost me any money, or will it be a straight exchange, which I think it would be because I'm exchangeing one phone for another just not that day. I got the hox for 200 with a new contract but will that price carry over to the sgs3 . I'm going to the att store tomorrow to do all of this but was kind hoping that someone could give some info on this before. If I can't do this then I will keep the hox its a good phone. I don't what to give this phone up then go get the sgs3 and they tell me I have to pay full price.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to use a friends iPhone 3g phone. But what I'm concerned with is will they let me get the sgs3 for no money. So when I go get the sgs3 will it cost me any money, or will it be a straight exchange, which I think it would be because I'm exchangeing one phone for another just not that day. I got the hox for 200 with a new contract but will that price carry over to the sgs3 . I'm going to the att store tomorrow to do all of this but was kind hoping that someone could give some info on this before. If I can't do this then I will keep the hox its a good phone. I don't what to give this phone up then go get the sgs3 and they tell me I have to pay full price.

They will refund the money you spent, minus the $35 restock fee.
Just make sure they restore your upgrade. They will, but I would be sure they don't forget.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I gave my HOX back to ATT 3 days ago and my upgrade is now ALL screwed up. I hope the corp store can fix it for me tonight. I was on the phone with 611 for 2 hours last night! Even got to chat with a manager. Was interesting. I haven't even gotten my first bill yet and my account is already messed up! :p

Be sure to hang onto your receipts!

Good luck! I will keep you posted on my issue...

spacecasespiff

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
I have everything but the receipt but I've called twice to ask about that and both times they said it would be OK they could generate a receipt. So I just need to make sure the still use the upgrade. Thank you guys very much I plan on going tonight if my buddy bring the nasty iPhone to use. Not looking forward to that. But i shouldnt have to wait that long.maybe I can get an answer from then about exactly the release date it. Still not sure if its the 21st. I will let you know how it goes

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I returned my S4 HOX and went back to my Tegra 3 HOX. I like the S4 version better, as it has better battery life and is snappier, so I know I'll appreciate the S4 GSIII. Seeing as how I already have the HOX, it was an easy decision for me to upgrade my line to the GSIII for $199. Now, that Tegra 3 One X? That cost me $629... so I'm gonna keep it too.

Wickedone82

May 10, 2012
Visit site
i did just this. i took back my hox within the 30 day window and preordered the gs3 how ever you do have to pay for the phone since it is a preorder. the money you are getting back for your return has to get applied back to your card if you used one of course. So make sure if you paid with a card and want to do a exchange that you have enough money to cover the 211.99 for the 3-6 business days it takes for the refund to come through. remember your acct will get hit for the 211.99 even tho att doesnt take the money until the phone ships. its the banks way of making sure you have enough funds to cover the charge. I cant wait for the 21st. i thought the hox was gonna be the deciding factor to get me off my iphone but it was a little to buggy for me. looking fwd to the Galaxy s 3 always liked samsung phones/products

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE!

Well I got my upgrade status back today. Now they gotta figure out how to add the funds from the gift card they gave me for my old device. Gotta hit the corp store back up on Saturday I think!

So its a step in the right direction! I will be excited on Saturday!

spacecasespiff

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
My store said they weren't going to do pre orders. Maybe that will change. My buddy forgot the iPhone i was going to use so maybe tomorrow I will go. But good to know about the pre order amount. I will make sure I have that just in case

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
When you return an item to AT&T, for some reason it tends to take a day or two for the upgrade to be available again.

But, what I've done in the past is to make sure I get the 'new' device from the SAME shop I did the return to. That way they can see all the history on the same page and process my upgrade without issues.

I had that same probably when I went from an iPhone 4, to a Skyrocket, then to an iPhone 4S - all within the space of three weeks.

I'm sure AT&T can't stand me :)

I gave my HOX back to ATT 3 days ago and my upgrade is now ALL screwed up. I hope the corp store can fix it for me tonight. I was on the phone with 611 for 2 hours last night! Even got to chat with a manager. Was interesting. I haven't even gotten my first bill yet and my account is already messed up! :p

Be sure to hang onto your receipts!

Good luck! I will keep you posted on my issue...

spacecasespiff

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Update

I went to day and as of right now I'm still using the hox. They tried to pre order the phone but were having issues. But they told me to check with them on Sunday that the were going to have them to buy. If not then they will order me one. But no issues with getting it for the upgrade price. So maybe they will have it on Sunday. That really early but crossing my fingers. Never can trust the people at the store but that's what the manager said. So we will see. I will be callingthem as soon as the open up. If the do I will jump on this forum and let you guys know.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I hope I get to go back and pre order today in store...Now that my account seems to be fix!

When you order in the store, confirm the color that you want and make sure to tell them that you want the 4G LTE US version. The second part might not be necessary but it never hurts to be specific. You should see the i747 model number on your email order confirmation. My email showed up on my phone while in the store. I would recommend shipping it to the store. Don't know if there are any shipping charges to homes. Remember the SKU 69255

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
When you order in the store, confirm the color that you want and make sure to tell them that you want the 4G LTE US version. The second part might not be necessary but it never hurts to be specific. You should see the i747 model number on your email order confirmation. My email showed up on my phone while in the store. I would recommend shipping it to the store. Don't know if there are any shipping charges to homes. Remember the SKU 69255

I don't think I paid shipping, fwiw.
Never really thought about shipping home from a store preorder. I thought a preorder at the store was reserving one of the units the store is alotted.
Like store A gets 7 phones on launch day, so they can take 7 preorders.

What you say makes sense though.
I would prefer going to the store to make sure you can transfer everything properly. Pretty sure they asked me last time if I wanted to transfer photos, videos, in addition to the contacts. Little easier than doing all manually.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae