Apple Lawsuit - Launch Delay???

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Notice I used ??? in the thread title. Will Apple ever give up? Just release the i5 and let's throw down to see whose best.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Notice I used ??? in the thread title. Will Apple ever give up? Just release the i5 and let's throw down to see whose best.

No they won't ever give up. Any good competition and they feel threatened, simple as that.

I think Samsung will have their you know what together to prevent the same thing that happened to HTC.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Lord help me if apple causes a delay. Surely the carriers are starting to get sick of Apples interference. It has to cost them money too!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-i727 on ATT LTE

hounddogdaddy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Apple launched a fresh lawsuit at HTC today claiming that 29 of their phones still violate Apple patents. It's getting pretty old Apple.

Not sent from my Pre-Ordered Galaxy S3 as it is currently busy being taken to court by Apple, whose motto must now be "Don't innovate, just litigate"!

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Lord help me if apple causes a delay. Surely the carriers are starting to get sick of Apples interference. It has to cost them money too!

I am waiting for the SG3 too. BUT, if the current round of Apple crap would irritate the carriers enough to push back...by all means, let it begin.

Am sure Apple makes a decent product(never had one), but it boils my blood that they take to the courts like this. Both sides have to factor more litigation fee's in their cost of doing business, so it really does cost all of us.

If Apple had ANY creativity left what so ever they would spin this infringement stuff to marketing to showcase where "they think" they have been copied. The right ads would sway people to stay with them. Press releases of them hanging out in courts around the globe drives people away.

davhut64

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I have been a loyal Apple fan for years...had every iPhone and iPad that came out...great product. But I am tired of Apple staying basically the same....if they spend as much TIME, MONEY, and EFFORT on making a great product better in stead of fighting every other company that is.... They might have not lost the top spot to Samsung. I am now using a htc one X which is great and I have per- ordered the Samsung 3. It's time for the judges to tell apple to just go suck their thumb and let these other companies do their job...
Just wanted to get that off my chest... Feel better.

mztiklimit

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
First I wanted to get the HTC One X, Apple sues HTC, and I couldn't get phone anywhere. I gave up (before it's started to be available recently), and decided to go for the GS III.. another lawsuit. Software patents are absurd. Hopefully the launch is not delayed...

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Well now Apple has done it again trying to get a restraining order against Samsung and the G3. This is the main reason I left Apple.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

bluemax189

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
lets say apple does hold up the launch, i vote samsung stop producing its internals for the iphone. we'll surely see apple back down a little after that!

Mac.World

ΣΛΤ ΜΣ
May 3, 2012
Visit site
lets say apple does hold up the launch, i vote samsung stop producing its internals for the iphone. we'll surely see apple back down a little after that!

Samsung can't without breach of contract. If this were to happen, Samsung's entire livelyhood would be at stake, not just from Apple, but everyone that does business with Samsung. Gov'ts could actually get involved. This is something Samsung would never do.

Mac.World

ΣΛΤ ΜΣ
May 3, 2012
Visit site
If Apple had ANY creativity left what so ever they would spin this infringement stuff to marketing to showcase where "they think" they have been copied. The right ads would sway people to stay with them. Press releases of them hanging out in courts around the globe drives people away.

I know that Apple is basically doing this to show the worlds tech companies what will happen if their stuff gets copied. Apple is the big kid on the block and they will bully anyone that gets in their way. I mean they made 2 domain squatters give up their .com domains through legal action.

I have Apple products as well, and they are great pieces of kit, and yes innovative (notice how everyone mimmicked the candybar style of iphone, the iPad style, now the Macbook Air desgn with "ultrabooks". Hell, Asus flat out copied the Air, right down to the placement of internal components!

Do I want Apple to ban or suspend shipments of the S3? Hell no. I spent nearly $600 for my no contract AT&T version! I wish Apple would stop suing, but I understand why they are doing it and to say they aren't innovative in both design and advertising, well, that is you opinion, but I dare say that you are makig that comment through rose colored glasses.

bluemax189

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Samsung can't without breach of contract. If this were to happen, Samsung's entire livelyhood would be at stake, not just from Apple, but everyone that does business with Samsung. Gov'ts could actually get involved. This is something Samsung would never do.

oh i know it would never happen due to too many legalities.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I know that Apple is basically doing this to show the worlds tech companies what will happen if their stuff gets copied. Apple is the big kid on the block and they will bully anyone that gets in their way. I mean they made 2 domain squatters give up their .com domains through legal action.

I have Apple products as well, and they are great pieces of kit, and yes innovative (notice how everyone mimmicked the candybar style of iphone, the iPad style, now the Macbook Air desgn with "ultrabooks". Hell, Asus flat out copied the Air, right down to the placement of internal components!

Do I want Apple to ban or suspend shipments of the S3? Hell no. I spent nearly $600 for my no contract AT&T version! I wish Apple would stop suing, but I understand why they are doing it and to say they aren't innovative in both design and advertising, well, that is you opinion, but I dare say that you are makig that comment through rose colored glasses.

I understand why they are doing it...same reason they got the HTC phones blocked by customs for NO VALID reason! Sure they want to hurt competitors. Sure they want to weaken the competition.

Problem is the 2 issues involved in the current dispute with the SGSIII are NOT really innovative or unique. Our patent system is flawed and needs overhauled. WAY too easy to get their junk approved and allows too GENERAL and BROAD patents to be accepted.

oldmanjenkins

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Steve Jobs ultimate goal was the total and complete destruction of android as an OS. He even stated that if he had to spend his fortune to do it he would. Apple as a company is ruthless against its competitors. I understand if a company wants to protect its intellectual property but apple desires no competitors and has decided to sue or injujct against anyone who they perceive has infringed on their property. I believe if they could they would sue Kellogg over apple jacks because of the use of "apple" in their title.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Steve Jobs ultimate goal was the total and complete destruction of android as an OS. He even stated that if he had to spend his fortune to do it he would. Apple as a company is ruthless against its competitors. I understand if a company wants to protect its intellectual property but apple desires no competitors and has decided to sue or injujct against anyone who they perceive has infringed on their property. I believe if they could they would sue Kellogg over apple jacks because of the use of "apple" in their title.

And Steve Jobs also had to reevaluate his ideas from time to time. In spite of their many adoring fans, Apple's legal department is drawing ire on all sides for their indiscriminating aggression. If they keep it up like this, it will only get worse and worse for them.

Point being: Apple has every right to defend their products, but it would be a WHOLE LOT better if they picked their battles narrowly and wisely, instead of casting these giant nets they are now.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk 2

oldmanjenkins

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Apple has become the commercial from the 80's where they portrayed Microsoft as the evil empire and apple as the savior. I own a MacBook but apple's infrastructure sniffles originality. They are also very proprietary with all of their products. Now they are the empire.

Reactions: LazrRocketArm

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Apple has become the commercial from the 80's where they portrayed Microsoft as the evil empire and apple as the savior. I own a MacBook but apple's infrastructure sniffles originality. They are also very proprietary with all of their products. Now they are the empire.

I think you are right. Lol :p

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: oldmanjenkins

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech