How Sammy will slam Apple over LTE

oldmanjenkins

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Samsung deff needs to use that as leverage. Samsung has already showed it has balls by directing every aspect of the release of GS3 for the US markets. Instead of having provider variants of the GS3 like the iPhone each provider has the same. This will allow the consumer to determine for themselves which provider has the better network.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

3rdpig

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Apple is going to find that the old saying "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" is true. They're going to have every other mobile manufacturer in the world lined up against them. Yes they've got deep pockets, but are they that deep?

Mac.World

ΣΛΤ ΜΣ
May 3, 2012
Visit site
Question is, who owns the other 90% of LTE patents? Does Apple own any sminal related LTE patents or joint own through NORTEL patents? Are the Samsung patents under FRAND? Lots of questions that article failed to cover or explain.

Reactions: equishd and Ry

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Apple buyers are gonna find that the high prices of any Apple equipment stems from their outrageous use of lawyers.

Because iPhones always cost more than Android phones. Lol.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Because iPhones always cost more than Android phones. Lol.

Off contract they do.
a6f8239b-b9c0-c096.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Nice. Now post the off-contract prices for Android phones.

And don't forget to post the price for the 3GS and 4.

Too lazy to do that. But I'm sure 90% of them are $550-$650 for new model phones. Exception is the gnex at $399 for the GSM. The GS3 will be around $650-$700 off contract. For 32GB, then add $50-$100 bucks for a 64GB card and you get 96GB for $50 cheaper than a 64GB iPhone.

Edit: Here's a sandisk 64GB for 72.99.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005V7WIA2

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Because with lawsuits or legal proceedings it will be their multimillion dollar lawyers that will be making the money.

They are the most valuable company in the WORLD I think they can cover a couple lawyers... Don't get me wrong I'm not sticking up for apple and am not a fanboy of android or iOS I like them equally just sum threads like this make me wanna smash my head of a wall it's business they are doing this because it's the smart thing to do deal with it....end of rage rant...

Sent via tapatalk

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Too lazy to do that. But I'm sure 90% of them are $550-$650 for new model phones. Exception is the gnex at $399 for the GSM. The GS3 will be around $650-$700 off contract. For 32GB, then add $50-$100 bucks for a 64GB card and you get 96GB for $50 cheaper than a 64GB iPhone.

Edit: Here's a sandisk 64GB for 72.99.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005V...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU1843620

Don't dismiss the 3GS at $375 and 4 at $550. The iPhone being much more expensive is such an outdated myth.

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone 4 came out in 2010. I hope it wouldn't be more expensive than a new android phone off contract. They all are great phones. All this legal stuff is b.s

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

oldmanjenkins

May 16, 2011
Visit site
They are the most valuable company in the WORLD I think they can cover a couple lawyers... Don't get me wrong I'm not sticking up for apple and am not a fanboy of android or iOS I like them equally just sum threads like this make me wanna smash my head of a wall it's business they are doing this because it's the smart thing to do deal with it....end of rage rant...

Sent via tapatalk

But as we know in the court of public opinion, opinions change quickly. Especially when they become one of the 1%. IPhone has become stale even with iPhone 5 coming. It used to be you would combat competitors with better tech but apple just doesn't seem to have any original ideas.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
So if Samsung tries to shut Apple down with litigation is that ok?

Everyone hates Apple because of litigation says it's BS and to let innovation decide the smartphone wars.

Do we apply a double standard and say it's ok for Samsung? Do we love Samsung for doing the same thing we vilify Apple for? Do two wrongs make a right?

Just curious.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX via Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Ry and razortaz18