I just need my phone!

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Is ANYONE here the LEAST bit concerned with the new device having issues? And yes, I'm a noob and haven't pulled the trigger on the GS3 yet, but I also want to have a good experience too. I think this phone rocks but I feel it's best to wait until it is in the stores so I can play with it. I've been waiting to get a new phone for over a year now, so another week or so won't hurt. Just curious if anyone here has any trepidation about getting something so new. Over in the HTC One X forum there are tons of folks there who are returning their phones due to problems.

Uselessbass

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Is ANYONE here the LEAST bit concerned with the new device having issues? And yes, I'm a noob and haven't pulled the trigger on the GS3 yet, but I also want to have a good experience too. I think this phone rocks but I feel it's best to wait until it is in the stores so I can play with it. I've been waiting to get a new phone for over a year now, so another week or so won't hurt. Just curious if anyone here has any trepidation about getting something so new. Over in the HTC One X forum there are tons of folks there who are returning their phones due to problems.

LOL if it does they.will take care of it this is a HUGE launch for Samsung there gonna make sure it goes right just have some faith

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Early-adopters pay the price sometimes. I can say that I've never had any glaring issues with any Samsung products I've bought right out of the gate (Galaxy S2 on Sprint, AT&T, the VZW Galaxy Nexus, etc). You have every right to wait if that's what you feel most comfortable doing, especially if you're concerned about the size/feel of the device. I can say that I wasn't worried about it before I actually got to hold/use one and now that I have, I'm definitely not worried about it.

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I checked my email confirmation and there is no mention of June 18th.

My first pre order through the att site said ship by the 18th. I then canceled that one and placed another the next day for a different color, that one said on or around the 21st for shippment. Early preorders will probably ship before the later ones.

NYguyc

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

I am also a noob when it comes to Android and a little concerned about getting a device on day one, but I went ahead and pulled the trigger because I am coming from a Bold 9700 and have been out of contract for about 9 months. Any trepidation that I have is quelled by the fact that I don't intend to push this phone to the limits right away. I am going to take it easy while I familiarize myself with the OS and skin, and I am not going to put any apps on my phone that have even the slightest chance of being sketchy. Hopefully this will keep me trouble/worry free.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

Have had several Samsung phones on the ATT LTE network since November. The first one, the skyrocket was among the first ones on the new network. The bluetooth did not function with my car like it should have. It did not get fixed until an update came down right before I sold it. The Galaxy Note has been remarkably bug free. I think Samsung and ATT have optimized the phones to the network and hopefully ironed out the kinks and The SGSIII will be pretty good to go out of the box. At least that is my hope! lol!

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
planoman.. what you say does make sense, especially since ATT and Samsung have been working together for years and the Skyrocket has been a major seller for them too. In fact, I'm still wondering if the Skyrocket might be a smarter move since it doesn't appear to be far below the specs of the GS3, and will get ICS very soon. Of course it does have a better/larger screen, S voice, better camera and bigger battery too.. With Amazon pricing the diff is only $70 so I actually started to pre-order the GS3 today but got cold feet :) I just am so tired of my stupid iP3G which really sucks.. My patience is growing thin but I think I can wait another week until the ATT store has the GS3 on demo.

kjnangre

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
You do have 15 days to change your mind and return the phone. So the risk is actually quite minimal. If you don't like it, return it.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
You do have 15 days to change your mind and return the phone. So the risk is actually quite minimal. If you don't like it, return it.

I believe AT&T is a 30 day return window or a $35 restock fee. Has this changed? It has been a while since I returned a phone?

and to jontalk I do think the $70 more than the skyrocket is certainly worth it. For the screen resolution and camera alone IMO!

Uselessbass

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
planoman.. what you say does make sense, especially since ATT and Samsung have been working together for years and the Skyrocket has been a major seller for them too. In fact, I'm still wondering if the Skyrocket might be a smarter move since it doesn't appear to be far below the specs of the GS3, and will get ICS very soon. Of course it does have a better/larger screen, S voice, better camera and bigger battery too.. With Amazon pricing the diff is only $70 so I actually started to pre-order the GS3 today but got cold feet :) I just am so tired of my stupid iP3G which really sucks.. My patience is growing thin but I think I can wait another week until the ATT store has the GS3 on demo.

Ya man that's what I would do go play with it when they have a demo unit and come prepared to to join the android crowd LOL I wish I did it sooner :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
My first pre order through the att site said ship by the 18th. I then canceled that one and placed another the next day for a different color, that one said on or around the 21st for shippment. Early preorders will probably ship before the later ones.

No big deal but could you screenshot the section of the email with the date?

kjnangre

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
My order must be way down the line for AT&T to not include a date on my confirmation email.

Didn't you say that you had yours shipped to the store? I think, actually, that is the problem. Doesn't matter when your order gets shipped, cause the store will hold on to it until launch day.

Those of us who used ship-to-home should start getting it on 19th or 20th, depending on how close you live to warehouse.