AT&T - 3 Tiered Phone Pricing

mpazevedo

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey folks,

I don't know if this is new, but the Samsung Galaxy S III has 1 year contract pricing now @ $449.99. I think this goes for all phones now. This is cool if your interested in getting the Galaxy S IV in the future :D Grant it is only $100 less then the No Commitment pricing, but it helps a little.

Picking this one up the first of the month on No Commitment price, still on my contract for the S2.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Or you can sell your GS3 for 350-400 a year from now and buy the GS4 outright for another 150-200, since most att phones are priced at 549.99.

Contract doesn't mean you can't upgrade your phone. I do it all the time. Just keep your phone in good shape.

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Are you referring two early-upgrade pricing? If you're not eligible for a contract extension at the full two-year discount, the phone would be $450 with a new extension for two years from that date.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Hey folks,

I don't know if this is new, but the Samsung Galaxy S III has 1 year contract pricing now @ $449.99. I think this goes for all phones now. This is cool if your interested in getting the Galaxy S IV in the future :D Grant it is only $100 less then the No Commitment pricing, but it helps a little.

Picking this one up the first of the month on No Commitment price, still on my contract for the S2.

As another member just pointed out to me..you can sign a 2-year contract now and get the GS3 for 149-199 then in 12 months pay the $205 etf fee. That means you would only be in to the GS3 for $355-$405 and wouldn't have much trouble selling it for that much next summer just before the GS4 is released.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Are you referring two early-upgrade pricing? If you're not eligible for a contract extension at the full two-year discount, the phone would be $450 with a new extension for two years from that date.

No he is referring to what he is referring to.

There is a one year contract that costs 449 and 2 year that is 199.99

Reactions: mpazevedo

kjnangre

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
It is cheaper to buy the phone with a 2 year contract and and cancel after 1 year then it is to buy it with a 1 year contract. The 1 year contract is only for people who can't do math.

mpazevedo

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
As another member just pointed out to me..you can sign a 2-year contract now and get the GS3 for 149-199 then in 12 months pay the $205 etf fee. That means you would only be in to the GS3 for $355-$405 and wouldn't have much trouble selling it for that much next summer just before the GS4 is released.

I understand about signing a 2 year contract, though you are then adding 2 years to my already 1 year left contract = 3 years. I might do that for the next years phone. Buy it on 2 year contract then cancel 12 months into it. It is cheaper that way. I don't know if there is a limit on cancellations per year or not though. Also I think AT&T offers one of those reduced prices on someone who is halfway on their 2 year contact. But all that does is just extend your contract. That's all I need is to have a 3 year contract. lol. :p

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
They don't add contracts together...if your one year in on a 2 year contract and get into another 2 year contract its 2 years not 1+2=3.