No More DropBox 48 GB for AT&T Galaxy S3's!?!?

boses1234

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Apparently two major carriers (AT&T and Verizon) have opted out from the DropBox 48 GB promotion for Galaxy S3 buyers. It is unknown whether Sprint and T-Mobile provide it however; it is not mentioned. But under most circumstances, it would seem like there would be no reason for Sprint and T-Mobile to not provide the promotion. :(

db.png

Hypothese to this includes the fact that AT&T and Verizon don't want the free space to allow people to bombard their networks with people uploading and downloading. Also it could be the fact that AT&T and Verizon want to introduce their own cloud services soon.

Any thoughts on this? Or any idea how to get the free 48GB?

source: No extra free storage for AT&T and Verizon Galaxy S III owners! The horror!

kjnangre

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
While the 48GB is "free to you", it is not actually free; the carrier has to pay for it (at a huge discount of course). AT&T and Verizon have chosen not to pay for it.

Or any idea how to get the free 48GB?

Buy from a carrier which is offering the promotion. That's really the only way

Reactions: bmsara

timberga

May 19, 2010
Visit site
While the 48GB is "free to you", it is not actually free; the carrier has to pay for it (at a huge discount of course). AT&T and Verizon have chosen not to pay for it.

Buy from a carrier which is offering the promotion. That's really the only way

And your 48 GB expires in 2 years....and I agree....totally old news.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I was under the impression from a review by A.C. earlier this week\last week, they did include the 48GB.

Nonetheless, like others have stated, the additional space expires after 2 years, at least you have an option to install a memory card, versus not with the HTC One X. Just saying :)

Lestatsghost

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Today I was creating a new Dropbox account and sent an invite from my wife's account, who has the S3 and she has 48gb added today. It is only good for a year but it looks like it is back for AT&T S3 owners

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12