AT&T Galaxy S3 First Impressions/Reviews

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Post your first impressions.

Its by far the best Android I've used hands down.

Pros:

Very sleek looking phone. Love how Samsung went with the gloss look. I think this design gives the iPhone a run for its money.

As others have mentioned, its very light and thin, yet the screen is very spacious.

The screen is extremely vivid and bright (despite the reviews that claim its dim).

Call quality is hands down. Never have I used a cell phone with this great of call quality.

The speaker sounds very nice in noisy environments.

Extremely fluid UI. Love swiping through menus and home screens on this bad boy.

The browser is practically at iPhone level.

The camera!!!! ;)

Cons:

I don't know about the home button. Seems kind of cheap as someone else already pointed out. I worry about it in the long run. No where as responsive as the iphone's home button.

Build quality while definitely Samsung's best, still lacks that premium feeling. Near the power button, my back cover doesn't seem like it wants to snap in 100% for about a half of an inch. Is this a defect? No, but its an annoyance caused by plastic battery covers.

Other than that, I'm loving this phone and look forward to using it for a long time.

Reactions: socialillz

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Re: Post your first impressions.

I have tried about every phone and there are many things good about the GSIII. Many have been mentioned above and there are many things that I have not tried yet.

The only thing that has me disappointed it the native email application. Samsung has,in my opinion, always been behind the other major smartphone manufacturers in its native email app, particularly for enterprise exchange mail, and the GSIII still falls short. It has some good new things, but it looks bad, it is cluttered and has some odd functionality. The signature (if you use auto signature) is smaller than the font in the email. If you reply to an email there is no header showing the usual information that is included in html format. I use my email for business and do not want to send clients and others emails that have odd formatting.

I have tried using third-party apps like touchdown and others, and will not use them. The GSIII has much better calendar and contacts programs than them and I want all of those applications to work together. I will continue to use the native email app for that reason, but it has me disappointed.

Otherwise, the SGIII it has been everything I had hoped, and probably more. I like the One X, but had terrible random battery problems with it that made it unreliable. So far (one day) battery life has been good on the SGIII. I tried all of the VZW LTE devices and none of them compare to the SGIII. I like the iPhone, but the small screen, locked down nature of ios and the lack of LTE are major shortcomings. It will be interesting to see what Apple has in the upgraded iPhone this fall. Right now, the SGIII (in my one day with it) and the one X (if they can fix some of the quirks) are the best smartphones out, by far.

Reactions: locote25

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T Galaxy S III First Impressions/Reviews

Tap to top does not appear to work in the Gmail app but does in regular email and contacts. The next update needs to fix this issue.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Love Flipboard though I wish you could customize your sites but love it better than Social Media on my BB9810 because FB also include Facebook and Twitter.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Smart Stay needs to work on the Home Screen. It may be the way I was holding it or there was not enough light in the room. It works well on webpages and other apps. Siri gave me some good results but also some funny ones as well.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I prefer the keyboard on my Skyrocket. This one is layed out differently and when you select a comma or something it doesn't automatically insert a space...

Anyone else?

Reactions: dansia1

Timbacak

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Can you take a screen picture with the S3? On my 4 S it was a nice feature, hoping its here also.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Can you take a screen picture with the S3? On my 4 S it was a nice feature, hoping its here also.

I saw a video about ICS the demonstrated that by holding down the power and vol down button at the same time. Maybe that will do it.

Sent using Droid Razr Maxx

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Love FlipBoard. Hold the flipboard down and release to refresh. So much more functional than the Social Media on BB7 OS devices.

bubberman

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site

everybody have said pros but here are the cons

1. battery is 3rd class cheap really really cheap it drained wth in 2 hrs .. prety much like fake junk

2. and whole thing heated up in 5 mts like a heating pad .. i guess there is problem with battery itself

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

everybody have said pros but here are the cons

1. battery is 3rd class cheap really really cheap it drained wth in 2 hrs .. prety much like fake junk

2. and whole thing heated up in 5 mts like a heating pad .. i guess there is problem with battery itself

I'd say you're not giving it a fair chance.

You either need to calibrate the battery or there's always a chance you got a defective one and need to have it replaced.

You can be damn sure if the battery was "3rd class cheap really really cheap...fake junk" there'd be a huge thread with every person here complaining about it. Seeing as it's just you...read above! Good luck

Prozak

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Tap to top does not appear to work in the Gmail app but does in regular email and contacts. The next update needs to fix this issue.

Samsung said that it works with native apps only for the time being... So, its not broke, or an issue... Its a feature that doesn't extend to non Samsung apps at the moment. Hopefully it will start to be incorporated into other apps soon... But its certainly not "broke" like some others have said

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Samsung said that it works with native apps only for the time being... So, its not broke, or an issue... Its a feature that doesn't extend to non Samsung apps at the moment. Hopefully it will start to be incorporated into other apps soon... But its certainly not "broke" like some others have said

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums

Not saying that the feature is "broke". Just nice to extend the functionality.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Flipboard versus the actual Facebook and Twitter apps. Should get the apps themselves to get more up-to-date posts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy