AT&T Galaxy S3 First Impressions/Reviews

Waipio11

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: Post your first impressions.

My only gripe.... the weird non-standard USB port on it.. I have like 20 mini usb cables for my cameras/psp/vita...helmet cameras...hard drives... the phone uses some strange one thats smaller than the standard ones. Guess I need to order about 4 spares now. thats my only gripe.

I thought it was a standard Micro USB port for the charger. Can someone confirm or dispell that. I am hoping to not have to buy a pile of new chargers for this one.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T Galaxy S III First Impressions/Reviews

I was told that I could use the same micro USB charger that I used for my BB. I decided to order the Samsung GS3 AC and the car charger just because I like using OEM equipment. The issue I believe revolves around the HDMI cable that Samsung says that the pin configuration has changed.

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site

Can you guys post speed test of the HSPA+. I live in an Area that'll be years before we get LTE and I was just wondering what kind of speeds I can expect. Thanks.

jjb70

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Can you guys post speed test of the HSPA+. I live in an Area that'll be years before we get LTE and I was just wondering what kind of speeds I can expect. Thanks.

The phone kicks ass in every way period. Go buy it. ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site

Thanks, I stumbled upon that one after my post. I hope more folks post their results. I'm still on Sprint waiting for the phone to be available on AT&T locally. I have to go through Best Buy Mobile since I'm using their buy back program to unload my beloved Galaxy SII Epic 4 G Tou.. good god that name is long.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

For starters, I went from iPhone 3Gs to Droid X to iPhone4s to GS III. I am a fan of both platforms and a critic of both.

Some of the cons on the GS III

1. In florescent lighting the Pebble Blue does indeed have a purplish hue. Not enough to make me question my orientation but it's there.:p In natural light it's a gorgeous slate blue/gray.

2. As many reviews and others have pointed out, the screen is quite dim and needs to be turned all the way up to be usable, creating a potential battery issue. Even at 3/4 brightness, some apps are still far too dim to be usable. Hopefully Samsung can correct this via update. Otherwise the screen is gorgeous.

3. Compared to the Droid X and iPhone4s, it does feel quite plasticky and not premium. For a plastic phone though, it's pretty solid.

4. The feature that allows the phone to stay on if it detects your eyes is fairly worthless. Only seems to work in certain apps and with lots of light.

5. So far, unimpressed with picture quality on indoor/low light situations. Haven't tried tweaking settings yet.

That's all the bad so far and no real deal killers when considering all the virtues.

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
For starters, I went from iPhone 3Gs to Droid X to iPhone4s to GS III. I am a fan of both platforms and a critic of both.

Some of the cons on the GS III

1. In florescent lighting the Pebble Blue does indeed have a purplish hue. Not enough to make me question my orientation but it's there.:p In natural light it's a gorgeous slate blue/gray.

2. As many reviews and others have pointed out, the screen is quite dim and needs to be turned all the way up to be usable, creating a potential battery issue. Even at 3/4 brightness, some apps are still far too dim to be usable. Hopefully Samsung can correct this via update. Otherwise the screen is gorgeous.

3. Compared to the Droid X and iPhone4s, it does feel quite plasticky and not premium. For a plastic phone though, it's pretty solid.

4. The feature that allows the phone to stay on if it detects your eyes is fairly worthless. Only seems to work in certain apps and with lots of light.

5. So far, unimpressed with picture quality on indoor/low light situations. Haven't tried tweaking settings yet.

That's all the bad so far and no real deal killers when considering all the virtues.

Read your "Cons"... what about the choice...which would you now pick knowing what you do? The HOX or S3?

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Read your "Cons"... what about the choice...which would you now pick knowing what you do? The HOX or S3?

Never had the HOX so can't say for sure but after research I felt the GS 3 was the more compelling device with better battery life(#1 for me), better UI(personal preference), more expandability etc.

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Very thin and sleek. It's a sexy looking device and it fits perfectly in my hand. I've owned a bunch of android phones and this one (And the Gnex) have the perfect fit for my hand. Screen is beautiful, phone feels fast with no slowdowns. The added value of the micro SD card is brilliant. As some others have reported, this thing is slippery. I've almost dropped it on my face a few times while laying with it in bed. Can't wait for my case to show up :p

DatBkdude

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site

Coming from an iphone 4s..this is a huge change for me..my first Droid device was a G1..so its been a while..Im loving the phone so far..except that my battery life is lacking...im not seeing the numbers that some other people are seeing..maybe its because the signal at my job is terrible..im not sure...but here are my stats...

cwoms167

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

just got my s3 pebble blue it looks like the screen capture using buttons or swipe is not working and the holding hand over to pause music is not working either. is there something i am doing wrong or is it a phone problem. also the notification bar will not come down when on the lock screen and its just swipe to unlock. please help

acsef

May 20, 2012
Visit site
just got my s3 pebble blue it looks like the screen capture using buttons or swipe is not working and the holding hand over to pause music is not working either. is there something i am doing wrong or is it a phone problem. also the notification bar will not come down when on the lock screen and its just swipe to unlock. please help
For the screenshot with the buttons, make sure you're pushing the home and power buttons. For the palm swipe screenshot and palm on the screen for pause, make sure they're enabled in the gesture settings. You might have to enable notifications on the lock screen, but I'm not really sure. I'd check the lock screen settings. If you already did all of that, I don't know what to tell you, sorry. :p

nickbro187

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site

got mine over the weekend. It was amazing and I love it. It is my first android device and I couldnt be happier. I WANT THE NEXUS 7 NOW!

locote25

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Coming from an iphone 4s..this is a huge change for me..my first Droid device was a G1..so its been a while..Im loving the phone so far..except that my battery life is lacking...im not seeing the numbers that some other people are seeing..maybe its because the signal at my job is terrible..im not sure...but here are my stats...

I would say LTE is the reason why battery life is being sacrificed here....If u were on a HSPA+ area... Prob you would have better battery life...

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user