Houston, we have AWESOMENESS !!!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Just picked up my Pebble Blue GS3.

It is wicked fast.

Came in a blue box not the traditional orange.

Still playing with it and setting it up.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Currently using Kies to update contacts and calendar from Outlook.

This is light years better from a performance point of view. Once the contact and calendar are updated, I will be able to play with it some more.

sparkomatic

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Loving this thing so far!

I had the HOX and love the design of it better than the S3 but I think the S3 is still a well designed phone.

But, from the UI...this thing is better than the HOX. So far, it's been working flawlessly.

My email is being delivered faster than on the HOX.

Some of the widgets I've loaded are working better.

Wifi switches back and forth perfectly.

I do miss the stock widget options the HOX has. Also miss the picture gallery live wallpaper on the HOX. I was using that as my lock screen. Doesn't look like you can do a separate live wallpaper for the lock screen and the home screen?

I think I like Sense just a hair better than TouchWiz but I can deal.

Now I just gotta figure out how to get it connected to my Mac to share files. I downloaded the Android program but it's not working. That's another + for the HOX to me. I connected that and it mounts the drive without software having to be installed.

Back to playing!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I agree but TouchWiz especially with infinite scrolling is better than Sense. Kies made it possible to migrate Outlook contacts and calendar. There were a number of contacts that were duplicated and calendars were also. It was easy to elminate the duplicates.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Just finished device settings. Working on my homescreens next. Arranged them in the order that I wanted but now I am customizing them. Haven't even gotten to Play Store for apps.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Smart Stay appear not to work on the Home Screen and in the dark. The dark issue is understandable since the FFC would have trouble with facial recognition. SStay does work when reading emails, in apps and web browsing.

Question: Does WiFi, if enabled, turn off when no networks are detected? When I was in my home, it appeared that the 4G icon changed to up/down arrows.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Tap to Top kinda works. Maybe I am just not tapping the right place. S Voice is fun and comes up with some funny options.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87