S III Battery life...

cwoms167

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
i heard things about problems with battery life on the white phones. are the ones who are having problems have a white phone

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
i heard things about problems with battery life on the white phones. are the ones who are having problems have a white phone

Where in the world did you hear this? I'd like to see a link, because I think you just made that up. How would the color of the phone change its battery use?

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I've been doing quite a bit of internet usage and get lots of friend caster for Facebook notifications, a few emails and text this morning

hounddogdaddy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Pretty standard work day. Could never have done this without 2 or 3 recharges with my EVO3D...
42577f18-3cc3-3f75.jpg

42577f18-3cdb-1160.jpg

42577f18-3ce9-5072.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Maybe you use the phone much more than they do. An hour of screen time in a day is really not much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
For my third charge cycle, those stats I posted are really impressive. I should be seeing gains in the next two cycles as well, but even if that's the best I'll get, that's extremely good. I don't typically spend 3 hours of on screen time on my phone, but I've been really pushing the battery and it's not wilting. My average usage would probably be half of that, leading me to believe that I'll probably be going to bed with anywhere between 20-40% battery life still available. For a 4.8 inch screen, you can't go wrong with that at all.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I was using my phone a lot yesterday, being I only got it Monday, and I was trying out different browsers, showing a 720p video to a number of people, checking mail, messing with Maps, and posting on a number of forums. The device was on since 8am or so and right before going to bed at around 11:30pm - 12 the device had just drained down enough to power off and not turn back on until I plugged it in. At about 11pm or so it was at I believe 6% battery life. To me this is excellent and extremely impressive - because I simply never use the device that much in a day. Of course a new device is going to require a lot of setup time and tweaking and all that so the amount of usage I gave it is way beyond a typical day for me. This was also with only 2 charge cycles if I recall. And if I ever did go nuts with my usage I have chargers at work and home so no biggie, plus the battery is removable so I could always get a spare or two for watching videos on long flights and such while on trips.

Rev.

DatBkdude

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Maybe you use the phone much more than they do. An hour of screen time in a day is really not much.

Maybe so.. i mean i have like 3 hours of screen time..my biggest test will be the weekends when my signal is optimal.

chrisfast

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Is this normal? I have to be honest, I'm just not that impressed with the battery in the phone. It makes it about 2 more hours than my Infuse did. I'm surprised that the cell standby and the display are identical.
That's what I'm wondering if it's normal. Nobody else's seems to be doing this. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol