Canceled AT&T, Good Bye - Hello T-Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

iphonemilk

Banned
Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Don't even Remember who that special Olympics troll was on the ATT Ship thread, but I said I would do it, here I am publicly announcing I did it.

SPEAK WITH YOUR WALLETS everyone, after the ATT Launch Fiasco? they don't deserve a dime of my money, I took a step back and looked at the whole picture and the bottom line is, I was lied to, POINT BLANK- when I called in to premier to ask if my order was "ok" and if it was being placed on Back order they said "no" That's a lie.

So I canceled it, and ordered T mobile last NIGHT and it's already being shipped as we speak.

So long Douche ATT network. :D

iphonemilk

Banned
Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Have fun on that 4g network while I'm on lte

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

I've seen some screenshots of T-Mobile's speeds getting over 30 mg's down.

Granted i got the same thing on ATT LTE in wash DC, i got like 33 down one day at the Nat's game.

As long as i get over 7-8 megs down, and 2-3 Upload im happy with that, that's good enough for streaming/youtube, etc.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm all for making a statement, but maybe a switch to Verizon (even though there's a longer wait) would have been a better choice?

ldejavul

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
If you expect the CSR to know what is really going on or have any real information your going to have a bad time. (south park ski instructor)

If you really think T-Mobile is that much better good on you. At least when they go bankrupt you wont have to cancel service with them. Enjoy the new phone.

PS. No one cares that you left ATT:'(

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
You paid the extra $130 before mail in rebate! :eek: Dang, even after the 6-8 week waiting period for that $50 bucks back, you're still out $80 bucks! Could have gotten a 64GB micro SD card for that!

iphonemilk

Banned
Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
If you expect the CSR to know what is really going on or have any real information your going to have a bad time. (south park ski instructor)

If you really think T-Mobile is that much better good on you. At least when they go bankrupt you wont have to cancel service with them. Enjoy the new phone.

PS. No one cares that you left ATT:'(

Someone apparently does, on the ATT Ship thread there was a Special Olympics Troll named Dallas who was giving me a hard time saying I wouldn't do it. not that I care what he thinks, but hey I like to stand up to bullies what can I say.

iphonemilk

Banned
Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I'm all for making a statement, but maybe a switch to Verizon (even though there's a longer wait) would have been a better choice?

I'm not a fan of Verizon's Data prices at all, or prices in general. At least with T mobile's hotspot is included.. i also like the whole Wifi calling thing.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
You paid the extra $130 before mail in rebate! :eek: Dang, even after the 6-8 week waiting period for that $50 bucks back, you're still out $80 bucks! Could have gotten a 64GB micro SD card for that!

While this is true their plans are a lot cheaper though. So its sort of a wash but in the long run Tmo is a lot cheaper over the 2 years even still.

But the issue?

Tmo coverage is either GREAT! or BAD. Not a lot in between. Here in VT Tmo only had edge. So in the end if you can get Tmo and it covers your needs well its still not a bad idea. Other than the up front cost.

Just my .02! But I could be wrong too so take it as you will! I will be sticking by ATT for the time being. Still on back order but I hope it ships soon.

*Crosses fingers*

iphonemilk

Banned
Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
While this is true their plans are a lot cheaper though. So its sort of a wash but in the long run Tmo is a lot cheaper over the 2 years even still.

But the issue?

Tmo coverage is either GREAT! or BAD. Not a lot in between. Here in VT Tmo only had edge. So in the end if you can get Tmo and it covers your needs well its still not a bad idea. Other than the up front cost.

Just my .02! But I could be wrong too so take it as you will! I will be sticking by ATT for the time being. Still on back order but I hope it ships soon.

*Crosses fingers*

you're right i've been in areas where T mobile's data speeds and connection SUCK BAD.. but if you're lucky enough to be one of the ones who lives in the area? its really good

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I understand being upset with poor customer service, but cancelling because of one lying Rep?
If you look in the TMo threads, you will see plenty of CURRENT T-Mo customers complaining that they can't get one. They are so desperate for new people, they are holding phones for that.

I understand from a business perspective, but shoes you how much they value you as a customer once they have hooked you.

Not criticizing, hope it works out.
Just saying maybe waiting an extra day would have been worth it.
Either way, enjoy the new phone!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I grew up in Colchester. My whole family (minus the folks) lives in Burlington still. And Maryland is good. Hated it at first, but can't really complain about it anymore.

mgraves1980

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I've worked for AT&T, and Sprint. I've had phones with T-Mobile and Verizon. IMHO you pretty much can pick your poison. Each has its good points and bad points, just depends on what you can live with. When I used to work sales I'd have people come in having horrible problems that the company wouldn't fix. I always was friendly with the different carriers sales people and I would pull the people aside and help them get out of their contracts and send them down the road. I've always found AT&T in my area(Biloxi, MS) has the best overall coverage. Since I still have friends on the inside I go to them with problems. CS is a joke.

DallasFlier

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
You'd have had your G3 faster staying with AT&T, they've upgraded EVERYONE to overnight delivery and those that didn't ship until today have been FURTHER upgraded to Saturday delivery, that appears to be the latest for the huge majority.

Enjoy that inferior TMO network though. ;)

Someone apparently does, on the ATT Ship thread there was a Special Olympics Troll named Dallas who was giving me a hard time saying I wouldn't do it. not that I care what he thinks, but hey I like to stand up to bullies what can I say.

I know we were both asked nicely by mods yesterday to stop any further fighting, name-calling, or other negative stuff. I took the mod at their word, so I won't be replying further to you, since you obviously did NOT take the mod's request seriously, as evidenced here. Have a good day!

Last edited:
Reactions: ragnarokx

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I grew up in Colchester. My whole family (minus the folks) lives in Burlington still. And Maryland is good. Hated it at first, but can't really complain about it anymore.

I just moved out of Colchester this past summer! So all most a year ago.

Well if your ever in the area let me know! Its a small world to be able to meet someone from VT on the AC forums!

But I won't lie I have thought about moving a few times but I haven yet to do it! I do however go to Boston A LOT. So I do like it in VT for the most part. Not has hot as some places!

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.