Just dropped my S III!

BlackPrince310

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Had the phone on my lap on some concrete stairs, got up and it flew down 3-4 steps. I'm so freaking pissed off now! The phone has some pretty nasty chips on the sides and a nice one on the back battery door.

Is there any chance I could somehow replace it with a new one from AT&T? Possibly buy insurance over the phone and exchange it for a new model? Man this sucks.

Eileen89

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Is there any chance I could somehow replace it with a new one from AT&T? Possibly buy insurance over the phone and exchange it for a new model? Man this sucks.
AT&T gives you 30 days to add insurance, however, I don't know if they are still allowing it to be added without inspecting the phone first. Also, just so you know, you won't get a new phone with the insurance, they give out refurbs, if they don't have any you would get another "like" phone model. If it were me, I would just replace the battery cover and put a case on it.

Sent from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD.

DallasFlier

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
AT&T gives you 30 days to add insurance, however, I don't know if they are still allowing it to be added without inspecting the phone first. Also, just so you know, you won't get a new phone with the insurance, they give out refurbs, if they don't have any you would get another "like" phone model. If it were me, I would just replace the battery cover and put a case on it.

Not to mention that the insurance has a $199 deductible.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I have learned from dropping five BB to put a case on these high-end devices. Granted the devices going commando are great from an appearance standpoint, better safe than sorry. Get a case.

BlackPrince310

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
As the phone just came out what would these companies do about a replacement?

I just found out that you can buy replacement parts for this phone fairly easily. I found the OEM pebble blue battery door on ebay but I also need the blue band around the phone. Has anyone seen such a part floating around ebay or somewhere else?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

b0btech

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Okay I added insurance yesterday just called over the phone and added it to my account right away. On another note it's $199 deductible

AT&T SIII, sunny FL

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Irish Rose..Have you used Square Trade before and will they cover a phone purchased from Amazon wireless? Also when reading the terms, it doesn't say that if the phone is damaged and needs to be replaced if the replacement is a new device. Thanks.

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Used square trade twice for my sons iphone 4s, great investment for him. Bought November 2010 and for that phone it was $199 with a $50 deductible. First time they had us send in so not sure what we got back if it was refurbished. Second time around they had us bring to apple and pay the $150 out of warranty replacement and then they sent us a check. Also used for my other sons Captivate that was purchased from Amazon. At that time you had to buy within 30 days of purchase and phone couldn't be a refurbished phone. Highly recommend them.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Eileen89

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Irish Rose..Have you used Square Trade before and will they cover a phone purchased from Amazon wireless? Also when reading the terms, it doesn't say that if the phone is damaged and needs to be replaced if the replacement is a new device. Thanks.
No, I haven't used ST yet, but know of it from people I know that have them. Yes, ST does cover devices that were purchased on Amazon and eBay too. However, there is a limited sign up time from the date of purchase. Also, ST doesn't give out refurbs like the wireless insurance companies. You simply send in your phone and if they can't fix it they will mail you a check in the amount of the phone and you can buy a new one. The only thing that ST does not cover is lost or stolen. Here is a link that will explain things better. There is also a few Amazon reviews of ST that might be helpful to you. Extended Warranty Coverage - Extended Insurance Coverage - Coverage Plans

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear that! This is another reason I've been looking high and low for a case. Albeit, it seems now that my Otterbox commuter will be here on Monday.

I've not dropped my device, but I have a mark on the top right side, on the silver bit. No idea how it got there...

Honestly!

shatter71

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Verizon offers three levels of warranty that can be billed monthly to your account. Looks like you are not guaranteed to get a replacement of the same make/model of phone if one is not available but it does cover the phone being lost or stolen.

Calling Features: Total Equipment Coverage ? now with Mobile Recovery

1. Total Equipment Coverage* offers combines the benefits of Asurion?s Wireless Phone Protection with the Verizon Wireless Extended Warranty program and is now enhanced with Asurion?s Mobile Recovery on compatible devices. If your device or covered accessories are lost, stolen, damaged or experience a mechanical or electrical defect after the manufacturer?s warranty expires, you are protected.

Advanced Devices
$6.99 per month per covered device. ($83.88 - 1 yr, $167.76 - 2 yr)
$99 non-refundable deductible per approved claim.
2 replacements in a 12-month period with an equipment maximum of $1500 per claim (in New York, 2 claims per policy year)

Replacement devices may be remanufactured equipment. If the same model is not available, a comparable model will be provided. You may cancel at any time and receive a prorated refund of your monthly fee.

2. Asurion Wireless Phone Protection Asurion, a third-party licensed insurance agency, offers insurance coverage for your wireless device and certain standard accessories. If you have Wireless Phone Protection and your device is lost, stolen or accidentally damaged (including liquid and physical damage), you may file your claim with the Asurion within 60 days of the incident and the device will be replaced upon claim approval. To make an insurance claim online or to obtain Asurion?s Wireless Phone Protection Brochure (including all terms and conditions), please visit Asurion's website or call Asurion at (888) 881-2622. Asurion Wireless Phone protection is part of Total Equipment Coverage and is also sold separately.

Advanced Devices
$5.18 per month per covered device. ($62.16 - 1 yr, $124.32 - 2 yr)
$99 non-refundable deductible per approved claim.
Equipment maximum limit: $1500 per completed claim.

For a list of equipment in the Phones and Advanced Devices programs, please visit Asurion's website or call Asurion at (888) 881-2622.
Claim Limits: 2 Claims in a 12-month period (In New York, 2 claim limit is per policy year).
Asurion may fulfill claims with new or remanufactured equipment. In general, claims are fulfilled with the same make and model you claim. If this is not possible, a like-kind make and model will be substituted. Color, feature and accessory compatibility are not guaranteed.
Cancellation Policy: You may cancel your coverage at any time and receive a pro-rated refund of your unused premium.

3. Extended Warranty* provides convenient coverage against mechanical or electrical defects after the manufacturer?s warranty expires. You will receive a Certified Like-New Replacement of the same or comparable model. The monthly cost is $1.99 per device. Verizon Wireless Extended Warranty is part of the Total Equipment Coverage bundle or sold separately.