App: AT&T Messages

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Okay you can shoot me...

Like I idiot, I 'activated' the Messages app by AT&T. But, I wish it gave one the option to see a red number on the icon when a message was\is received.

Anyway, I want to revert to the default OS Messages app, and I have no idea how to perform this feat...

I've tried the usual 'Clear Defaults' for AT&T Messages in the Applications section, that didn't work. I tried the same for Messages, that didn't work either. And you can't uninstall AT&T Messages.

I'd hate to reset my device just for that.

Anyone else?

Thanks in advance

jppowers

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I haven't run a stock ROM in a long time, but I know with most apps you can clear the app's cache through the settings and it'll go back to its "never been run" state.

Reactions: anon(153966)

MageBoySA

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
I got Executive assistant before I tried this app, and when I started it it kept me from sending or receiving messages. What I did was go into Google Play and click the "Uninstall update data" that reset the app to unused factory setting, and made my phone go back to the default message app.

iJITSU

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I did the same and via Nova laucher I drug the icon for ATTM up to the Uninstall option. It reset everything and now I'm back to normal.

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I tried the ATT messages , it looked nicer than the stock SMS, but it had too much going on, i quickly went back to stock ! will eventually go back to handcent or something in the future

psybertech

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to say thanks for the answer. I HATE the AT&T app!!! Horrible!!!!

Clearing the data and then removing the updates has made my day!
Messages are now handled via their stock, droidrific way now.

Thanks again!!:D

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
+1 on the bad news with the ATT message app. I just disabled it and that seemed to have worked.

Like the rest of these folks I use the stock messaging app and also have Skyvi installed, though she's not perfect and after replying the message app still shows a "1" as if the message hasn't been read. Not a big deal though as Skyvi works pretty good and certainly better than S Voice. Can't wait for Google Now when we get Jelly Bean.

Jay Hardy

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
This worked for me to prevent at&t message center from working. It still shows up in the application list, but if you click on it, it now asks you to set it up which I will not be doing. Now texts show up by lighting up the phones screen which is what I wanted.

vitalyg149

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
1.Uninstall all updates
2.Clear data
3. Go back again to where you uninstall the program and now you have the option to disable it.

Samsung GS3 ATT.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the at&t visual voice mail app for my voice mail and just stick with the stock messaging app for my sms.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

carlt828

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I tried the AT&T messaging app because I missed group texting that I had on my iPhone. I agree it did have a lot going on but it did work for group messages I received. What didn't work was when I went to send a group message and had "reply all' checked. The message would not send and time out. I tried it to several combinations of people (mostly AT&T iPhone users) but it never did send out new messages. I ended up doing a factory reset for another issue and I never set it back up.

I just installed Go SMS Pro yesterday and so far it does what I want it to do.

CoachRob16

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Just applied the steps you all suggested and it worked. Appreciate all the help. Got the Samsung Note 2 yesterday and its my first droid. Trying to figure it all out.

pstomike

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
You are on the money. That did it. Right back to the OS messaging app. Thanks for the tip, as I was about to reset all of my app preferences globally. Whew!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463