LED Notifications

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Weird, but if I receive a call or text, I DON'T get an LED notification. And yes my LED is set to on...

Will it only come on after X minutes or so?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
How do you set it up for LED notification for an incoming call? I remember that BeBuzz app on my BB9810. Is there a similar app for Android?

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm a little confused.

I was under the impression that on the Samsung Galaxy S III, the LED light (built in) was set to default notifications for Calls, Emails, Messages, etc., no?

I didn't think an app of any sort was needed. Even in settings it leads me to believe that the device should simply notify one of new items (Emails, Calls, Messages, etc.).

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The LED also has low battery options and charging notifications. There are so many apps but I am too new to Android to know which one is safe and most effective to use.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Mine works fine. I just don't like that it doesn't flash instead of staying lit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Being used to RIM LED notifications, flashing LED grabs your attention more, at least for me it did. Had a disco LED for incoming calls.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Just to confirm, if your screen is OFF, and you receive a text message, email or a call, your LED light will illuminate?
And you don't have any LED type apps installed?

Mine works fine. I just don't like that it doesn't flash instead of staying lit

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Just to confirm, if your screen is OFF, and you receive a text message, email or a call, your LED light will illuminate?

Correct. You must have it turn on to have it work. Just make sure missed event is selected under the LED indicator setting under settings. The lighflow app, once fixed for our model will allow customizing LED colors for different events etc.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Correct. You must have it turn on to have it work. Just make sure missed event is selected under the LED indicator setting under settings. The lighflow app, once fixed for our model will allow customizing LED colors for different events etc.

Can't wait for lightflow. I miss little things like the LED notifications from my RIM device. Can you customize alerts for callers, emails and sms.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Let's be honest - at least for me, RIM's LED notifications were ok...but BerryBuzz was worth every frickin' penny. Best BB app ever.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Yes. Works well, very bright.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

Yes it will flash. Mine flashes with a blue LED when I miss a text, email or call. Make sure the delete any LED apps until they get them working with our model.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I rebooted my device and all seems to working correctly now.

Curious, when a new notification is received, and the blue light starts flashing, will it flash till I check the notification, or just for 10-15 minutes or so?

jjb70

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I rebooted my device and all seems to working correctly now.

Curious, when a new notification is received, and the blue light starts flashing, will it flash till I check the notification, or just for 10-15 minutes or so?
Man I can't for the life of me figure this thing out. First of all, I love having it! To look across the room and tell if you have any notifications is the best.
BUT, sometimes it flashes. Sometimes it's solid. And the colors don't seem consistent. Seems like it will be blue for email one time but a different color for email from the same account/person the next.
I've installed no third party yet but I have no clue how it's supposed to work as there really aren't many settings for it.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Man I can't for the life of me figure this thing out. First of all, I love having it! To look across the room and tell if you have any notifications is the best.
BUT, sometimes it flashes. Sometimes it's solid. And the colors don't seem consistent. Seems like it will be blue for email one time but a different color for email from the same account/person the next.
I've installed no third party yet but I have no clue how it's supposed to work as there really aren't many settings for it.

The OP and jeffreii as well as myself, we are accustomed to the RIM LED notification customization. RIM had the luxury of not having a lot of apps to choose from to accomplish this customization. Being new to Android and it being open-sourced in a Wild West environment, it is hard to know which one is great and safe to use on your device.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Really odd. Did you try the off\on and restart option?

I chatted with Samsung customer service and they knew nothing. Lol. I figured the message issue was from using at&t messages. I also have where the phone will only show notifications after you pick it up. Thanks for the reply navi.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad