Post your AT&T HSPA+/LTE Speeds

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Let's see them. Post a screen shot of your speeds, along with where you were when you ran the test.

No LTE by me yet, but very nice HSPA+ speeds. Highland, IN

10nyek3.png

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for posting these. Off topic but I wonder why Texas is so dense with LTE. Even Sprint is starting the majority of its LTE there. Looser regulation, denser populations, maybe more crazies willing to climb towers.. Dont mess with Texas LTE edition

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for posting these. Off topic but I wonder why Texas is so dense with LTE. Even Sprint is starting the majority of its LTE there. Looser regulation, denser populations, maybe more crazies willing to climb towers.. Dont mess with Texas LTE edition

Funny you say that. I was speaking to a editor of a major tech web site and she mentioned the business climate in Texas. She said it is so easy to upgrade and put new towers here so the networks are some of the best. She specifically mentioned how hard it is in California and the Pacific Northwest to put new towers in an upgrade towers due to regulations etc. Not to mention that AT&T corporate HQ is in Dallas.

Someone told me that Sprint's LTE network is unofficially on and working in DFW.

Gdauti1981

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
you guys in Dallas are getting some crazy speeds. Im located in the NYC area, and so far 16 Mbps on the down is the best ive gotten.

hobbsave

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Miramar/Pembroke Pines Florida
At&t must have just turned this on today
21Mbits. Excellent. Now the S3 is always blazing fast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Bonzo62

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah , I'm in the sticks about 20 miles outside Austin and pulled 27 down and 5 up last night. Coming from 3G captivate , I was so stoked , unreal !!! Faster than my satellite internet that I'm stuck with out here for crying out loud.

mfriedman79

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Wow some good speeds in some parts of the country. I am beginning to wonder if it's just AT&T's Chicago LTE network that sucks ass. The speeds here are so inconsistent. Sometimes I see 10mbps down and 1-2 up, but most of the time I get 2-3 down and 1 up if I am anywhere near downtown. Now those speeds are definitely usable, but pretty poor compared to what it should be. And yes I have verified it says I am on LTE and not HSPA+ when running the tests.

Anyone else in Chicago seeing better results?

milan03

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Wow some good speeds in some parts of the country. I am beginning to wonder if it's just AT&T's Chicago LTE network that sucks ass. The speeds here are so inconsistent. Sometimes I see 10mbps down and 1-2 up, but most of the time I get 2-3 down and 1 up if I am anywhere near downtown. Now those speeds are definitely usable, but pretty poor compared to what it should be. And yes I have verified it says I am on LTE and not HSPA+ when running the tests.

Anyone else in Chicago seeing better results?
AT&T only has 10Mhz of 700Mhz LTE spectrum in Chicago vs Verizon's 20Mhz nationwide, so their Chicago speeds instead of being up to 73mbps, are up to 37mbps.
So when that spectrum is loaded, you end up seeing lower speeds much quicker than in their 20Mhz markets like NYC, San Antonio, Dallas, etc...

mfriedman79

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
AT&T only has 10Mhz of 700Mhz LTE spectrum in Chicago vs Verizon's 20Mhz nationwide, so their Chicago speeds instead of being up to 73mbps, are up to 37mbps.
So when that spectrum is loaded, you end up seeing lower speeds much quicker than in their 20Mhz markets like NYC, San Antonio, Dallas, etc...
Thanks for information, but in the end still disappointing. I held off on a GSM galaxy nexus in hope for overall better data connectivity with LTE, but it seems like it will be just as inconsistent as HSPA+. On a positive note at least when its loaded its not as bad as HSPA+ yet.

carlosrey23

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for information, but in the end still disappointing. I held off on a GSM galaxy nexus in hope for overall better data connectivity with LTE, but it seems like it will be just as inconsistent as HSPA+. On a positive note at least when its loaded its not as bad as HSPA+ yet.

While any loaded network will slow down, I think it is save to say that it may take more than 2 yrs for the AT&T network to reach capacity to the point of slow downs....at which point you could change to any of the other providers that should have LTE by then. The other thing to consider is that when LTE is not present HSPA+ runs circles around VZW 3G.

I live in an area were AT&T LTE has not launched, and VZW LTE is a few blocks away. I had a Galaxy Note on AT&T for 30 days and I averaged 4-6 mbps downloads. I am on a Droid X right now (3G) and I am around 1.2 to 1.6 mbps....2.x if I get lucky! I do like the intermediate layer that AT&T provides and that by default also expand the capcity of the network....even loaded as it is, the AT&T HSPA+ network works very well (fast and reliable). I'm cancelling my VZW pre-order, and buying AT&T on Friday!

Reactions: b0btech