7/6 release date if you didn't preorder

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: 7/1 release date if you didn't preorder

The July 1 date may be gaining traction. This afternoon, I was at AT&T looking for a case for my GS3. The report said that they did not yet have the phone but they did have accessories. He asked how I got mine which I pre-ordered on June 6 and received on June 21.

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site

Talked to my friend today and he says he hasn't heard anything different as of right now and he is still expecting to have them in store on 7/1.

terra23

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site

i preordered and they wont let me get my phone til the 1st! so its just sitting at best buy:(

Dramer77

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site

best buy mobile said they cant sell theirs till the 1st.. i was at a local ATT store my buddie is a manager at on the 28th and they got a memo that they dont know when they are getting them and no official release date.. so i pre=ordered yest evening and woke up to a email at 6am this morning that it had shipped

kenji117

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site

If AT&T was smart they would release Sunday or Wednesday. Wednesday being 4th of July and AT&T having red, white, and blue as color options would be pretty good marketing. I would think Sunday just because its the weekend right before 4th of July and I don't know how many people would go to the AT&T store on the 4th of July to get their S3. Although, I'm pretty sure most of the people on these forums would drop by and get one if they released on Wednesday.

Just a theory though based on no evidence.

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site

I just called my local AT@T to see if they would have any GS3s in stock tomorrow and they said they have been "delayed" so no GS3 for me tomorrow! :'(

ktulu05

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

I talked to the local BB today. He said they had a few blue SIII's for Sprint and AT&T. The units were actually in the store, but he said they couldn't sell them until 7/1. They claimed that the release date for AT&T and Sprint was 7/1 as well, in their stores.

They didn't have any real units, only the mockup units to try out. To me, the blue wasn't as nice as the white in-person, with these mockups. It did look a little purple to me under the florescent lights.

cavguy

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site

I just want to look at a working unit before ordering, so its off to the Sprint stores today.
My main line is eligible for an upgrade starting today and my add on line in another 3 months.
After looking at a working unit I am going to try to get through to ATT retention and upgrade both line to G S 3's.

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Best Buy had two dummy models they brought out of the back to show us today one blue and one white. No working models and they only had two already spoken for preorders.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site

Went to the local ATT Store yesterday and the reps there have NO clue when they will have it on display or for purchase. Meantime in today's paper there was a Best Buy insert where they are advertising both colors and it does NOT say Pre-order. In other words, from what I can tell, the BB stores here in the Bay area have stock. This seems pretty weird that BB has the phone in stock and ATT does not. WTF??

STBear

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Nothing at AT&T. Said had no idea but possibly later in the week. Best Buy said they couldn't sell them yet.

anon(827920)

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site

I talked to the local BB today. He said they had a few blue SIII's for Sprint and AT&T. The units were actually in the store, but he said they couldn't sell them until 7/1. They claimed that the release date for AT&T and Sprint was 7/1 as well, in their stores.

They didn't have any real units, only the mockup units to try out. To me, the blue wasn't as nice as the white in-person, with these mockups. It did look a little purple to me under the florescent lights.

Atleast two stores in my area have the phone (one mobile and one normal store) and neither will sell at&t versions. They "dont know" when they will sell them. They even have them in the weekly ad today.. Just makes no sense...:confused:

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site

The BB's in the Bay area ran their usual ad in the Sunday paper and low and behold, there's the GS3 and it does NOT say preorder. Of course, I went in only to find they don't have ANY.. Do I smell a law suit for false advertising? Hmmm.

Fortunately there was a Sprint store nearby who has them on display so I got to play with the GS3 and see them in both colors. I think I like the blue and it's really an amazing device. Very light, extremely smooth, fast and amazing. Of course Sprint has no LTE so they have the demos set on WiFi which sucks. Regardless, am just glad I actually got to see it and play with it and am DEFINITELY going to get this bad boy with ATT as soon as its available!

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site

Cannot stress strongly enough call customer service at AT&T and order the phone. I had a 48 hr order-delivery turnaround! There are advantages to doing it that way as.well opposing a retail store

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site

Cannot stress strongly enough call customer service at AT&T and order the phone. I had a 48 hr order-delivery turnaround! There are advantages to doing it that way as.well opposing a retail store

I finally broke down and pre-ordered one today ("pre-order" seems wrong when the phone was supposed to be released already). I went into my local corp store and they did the order for me since I'm doing an "alternate upgrade".

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

They must really be having issues with stock to still not have them in the stores...maybe Verizon was the only one to gauge the supply chain correctly when they said July 10.

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site

The BB's in the Bay area ran their usual ad in the Sunday paper and low and behold, there's the GS3 and it does NOT say preorder. Of course, I went in only to find they don't have ANY.. Do I smell a law suit for false advertising? Hmmm.

Fortunately there was a Sprint store nearby who has them on display so I got to play with the GS3 and see them in both colors. I think I like the blue and it's really an amazing device. Very light, extremely smooth, fast and amazing. Of course Sprint has no LTE so they have the demos set on WiFi which sucks. Regardless, am just glad I actually got to see it and play with it and am DEFINITELY going to get this bad boy with ATT as soon as its available!

Not having an item in stock does not equal false advertising. They will gladly sell you a preorder at the advertised price. A lawsuit would also be incredibly pointless considering the white fine print at the bottom of the ad say's subject to product availability. Truth is these ads created weeks if not months in advance and its not Best Buys fault (or AT&T's fault) the phone is in such short supply. Yell at Samsung and tell them to hire a few more child laborers to get these things out on time.

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
My friend told me saturday that the computer now says TBD. So he doesn't know for sure when they will be available at AT&T. My EVO 4G is in such bad shape I have to get a new phone and can't keep putting it off so I'm just going to get a One X until the S3 is available. According to him it's Samsung limited availability that is preventing them for selling them right now.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

CarlGalgano

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

I finally broke down and pre-ordered one today ("pre-order" seems wrong when the phone was supposed to be released already). I went into my local corp store and they did the order for me since I'm doing an "alternate upgrade".

What is an alternate upgrade? Is that when your line isnt eligible for an upgrade but another on your family plan is, so you want to upgrade another line but have the new device our your number? That is the situation I am in.

2 BB stores list the ATT S3 instock here in the ATL area, but a phone call to both reveals neither has it (or cant sell it, I didnt bother to distinguish).

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
My friend confirmed earlier reports that they have been given a 7/6 release date now. He thinks they may get the phone a day early and as soon as they do I am going to pick mine up...finally.