HOw to add shortcuts to settings subitems to home screens

ianc911

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi folks,

Not sure if this should be posted in How To, or here, but since the general How To might no be Touchwiz oriented, I'll try asking here first.

As the title suggests, I'm looking for a way to create shortcuts to the settings subitems, like Wifi Settings, and Sounds, on the home screen. I could do this on my S2 by using 'Add Shortcut', but I can't seem to recreate how to do it in ICS on the S3.

The maddening thing is, I actually was able to do it once. I do have a shortcut to Wifi Settings on my home screen, but I can't recall how I did it, and the Gingerbread method doesn't work. I did this without using any third party app, so there must be a way to do it.

Any clue how? TIA for any info,

ianc

rado_p

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Just add a widget called something like "Settings shortcut" to your home screen. It will prompt you to choose settings subsection for the shortcut.

theShiz

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
On my galaxy s6 when I tap widget I I'm going to the menu to choose a settings shortcut there is no settings widget option at all. Super inconvenient since I use mobile hotspot all the time and it's really cumbersome having to dig through the menu every time I want to toggle the switch on and off. And of course it's not in the quick settings toggles. One thing I miss from my Nexus is that hot spot was right in the pull-down menu

Posted via the GS6 Active. Manly edition.

Prayank Agarwal

Jul 4, 2016
Visit site
On my galaxy s6 when I tap widget I I'm going to the menu to choose a settings shortcut there is no settings widget option at all. Super inconvenient since I use mobile hotspot all the time and it's really cumbersome having to dig through the menu every time I want to toggle the switch on and off. And of course it's not in the quick settings toggles. One thing I miss from my Nexus is that hot spot was right in the pull-down menu

Posted via the GS6 Active. Manly edition.

Hey i found a workaround albeit its a long time since you posted lol. You can download the nova launcher and go in widgets and create a nova shortcut. Once you've created the shortcut you wanted from Nova you can delete nova and the shortcut will still be there.

CptCoathanger

Jan 26, 2017
Visit site
Re: How to add shortcuts to settings subitems to home screens

Just add a widget called something like "Settings shortcut" to your home screen. It will prompt you to choose settings subsection for the shortcut.

Give this man a medal! Five years later and this solved my problem. I've been trying to do this for ages! :D

For posterity: If you long press on the home screen background it'll pop up a menu whereby you can choose "add widget". From there you look for "settings shortcut", as rado_p describes.

chintanm86

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site

Give this man a medal! Five years later and this solved my problem. I've been trying to do this for ages! :D

For posterity: If you long press on the home screen background it'll pop up a menu whereby you can choose "add widget". From there you look for "settings shortcut", as rado_p describes.

When i try to add widget on my Gear S3 Frontier (BT/WiFi model running on latest software) I dont see "settings shortcut".

Am I missing anything here?

If there is any app that can do this, than also I am fine.

Please, help.

whiteonrice04

Apr 18, 2018
Visit site

When i try to add widget on my Gear S3 Frontier (BT/WiFi model running on latest software) I dont see "settings shortcut".

Am I missing anything here?

If there is any app that can do this, than also I am fine.

Please, help.

I am not sure what these guys are talking about because I don't have a "settings shortcut" option on the Galaxy S8 either.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

I am not sure what these guys are talking about because I don't have a "settings shortcut" option on the Galaxy S8 either.
Welcome to the forums. Samsung removed that settings widget in most of their devices and you need to use a custom launcher, such as Nova, or a shortcut creator app.

hans schulze

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site

This works on latest LG V35 ThinQ 8.0 as well. I went through widgets a number of times and never noticed this option. Thanks!

Last edited:

srawcliffe

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
The only thing that worked for me (Samsung S9+) was the Nova launcher. QuickShortcutMaker went through the motions, but didn't actually put a shortcut on the home screen.

The Nova launcher works a treat, but why do Samsung oblige me to replace their launcher within the first half hour of owning their otherwise very nice phone?

Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!