Home screens...

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Curious, and nosy, how many home screens do you have?

I only ever use three. I don't see the need for the default amount, but what say you?

FARCrow

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm only using 3 home screens as I group up everything up into folders (5 folders or less on each home screen with weather/clock, calendar, music and BeyondPod widgets) and two scrollable sets of icons in my dock for those apps I need immediate access to since I'm using Apex as my launcher.

fmagana85

May 8, 2012
Visit site
FARCrow, you say you group everything into folders... do you get an annoying message saying "The Folder is Open" whenever you open your folder and your media volume is up?

FARCrow

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
FARCrow, you say you group everything into folders... do you get an annoying message saying "The Folder is Open" whenever you open your folder and your media volume is up?
No I've never seen that error message with either the stock launcher or Apex. However, what exactly do you mean by "media volume is up"? Are you referring to system playback sound volume (definitely no in this case) or something else?

Note: I own the International version of the device (I keep posting in these carrier specific sub-forums by mistake not noticing where the thread originated) :)

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Using the gestures on go launcher, bringing up all the home screens isn't a hassle at all for me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I have six. Some of those have big widgets. The majority of my apps are in the app bin. What can I say, I like big widgets

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I had always used three, one on the left and one on the right of the main home screen. That made things really simple for me. I didn't like scrolling through pages of apps and widgets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I have JB on my GSM nexus. How can I delete home screens? I have a few blank ones that I'd like to get rid of

I think this is the wrong forum to ask that... but Im sure someone has that answer for you

eriksahn

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I have 5 going on. I'd be annoyed iff you had to scroll back and forth the long way between 5 and 1, but fortunately that's not the case.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Los says swag

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm only using three for now til I find widgets that I'll actually use consistently or need. Then I'll go to five. Using folders (didn't like the stack style icons on Touchwiz so I didn't use them) has helped keep the number of home screens down.

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Surely like any other OS, if you press Menu from the main screen you should have an option for 'edit', no? From there you can delete screens, etc...

I don't see a menu button on the Nexus. Just a back, home and the recent apps button. Long pressing on an open area on one of the desktops only brings up wallpaper options.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Call me crazy but can't you use the pinch screen gesture to bring up thumbnails and drag the homescreen to the trash?

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III Handheld Device

litlprince

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't it get annoying scrolling too many screens? Again, curious...

I might make my home screen four, to keep it even ;)

Its not like you have to scroll through all screens. For me i have 5.

1. full screen view of my tasks
2. full screen view of my calender
3. full screen combined view of all email accounts
4. weather widget; brightness widget and a few hot apps i use (HOME SCREEN)
5. google search bar and 4 folders full of app category specific apps.

obviously i usually stay on screen 4 and 5 unless i want to check something on the others.