I Hate You Best Buy

Sankentris

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I went in today because Best Buy had the S3 in their ad PLUS I pre-ordered already. I get there and see beautiful S3's being sold to various people. Then I see they are all Sprint though. They got a truckload of Sprint S3's and STILL can't tell me when the AT&T ones are coming. I'm so sad :( My iPhone has gone to crap and works half the time so it's making the wait worse. Sorry had to vent.

blackmannx#AC

Panda Motherfrinkin King
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Did you at least ask one of the Sprint Customers to let you see it.. Live through them and then walk away knowing that once you do get your it will at least have LTE that works while they will be waiting quite a bit on Sprints horrible 3g network.. :cool:

Denisej

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I went in today because Best Buy had the S3 in their ad PLUS I pre-ordered already. I get there and see beautiful S3's being sold to various people. Then I see they are all Sprint though. They got a truckload of Sprint S3's and STILL can't tell me when the AT&T ones are coming. I'm so sad :( My iPhone has gone to crap and works half the time so it's making the wait worse. Sorry had to vent.
I know..that's a shame... I preordered from them on 6/7. I finally got fed up on Friday and called AT&T to order and they shipped the phone overnight the same day for free. It is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow before 3pm. I highly recommend this if it is an option for you.

Wakefulpanda

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I was in a BB earlier today playing with the dummy units while I wait for mine to arrive tomorrow in the mail. A rep walked up to me and asked if I needed any help, I sad "no thanks just looking" then he said to me "we've been getting a lot of people asking about the X3's. I corrected him and he said "oh maybe people are calling about a different phone then"

/facepalm

Denisej

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I was in a BB earlier today playing with the dummy units while I wait for mine to arrive tomorrow in the mail. A rep walked up to me and asked if I needed any help, I sad "no thanks just looking" then he said to me "we've been getting a lot of people asking about the X3's. I corrected him and he said "oh maybe people are calling about a different phone then"

/facepalm

LOL...when I went back to get the refund for my preorder the BBM manager said the AT&T version of the phone hadn't been released yet. He acted like he was surprised when I told him that a ton of people already have them...

unopepito06

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I was in Best Buy yesterday activating a new line with my new One X, she said they got an email notice while I was there saying the release date was pushed back again. She had previously told me the 1st. Had to go back later for an activation issue, after a shift change, and some lady was about to get her hands on a blue one, they had opened the box and everything, as I walked up I over heard this girl saying "Sorry, I guess we can't sell them til tomorrow." The lady fumed off.

wth... I feel like the stores are being run by children... :confused:

Last edited:

njens

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Bahahahaha! A similar thing happened to me! Best buy needs to hire better geeks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: jlb730

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
weird. I guess Im lucky the folks at my BB mobile store after fantastic on the customer service front. Of course I did ask one guy if they'd sell the Nexus 7 and he told me those wont release until October or November (he meant the Phone).

I put in an order for a blue one today.

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
The people at Best Buy are clueless. The guy was shocked when I went in there yesterday with an SIII. Jus go to AT&T and save yourself the headache.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Sankentris

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
This whole thing blows. The Best Buy guys here seem to not give a crap about it and that makes it harder to not flip out. Seeing them handing them out made it worse. Then being told I've preordered for a phone I will get some day. I want to cancel the preorder but I've got a $50 deal for upgrading through them plus another $50 then trading my iPhone in. I'm trapped by the evil pricks at Best Buy lol

Delph

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I'm pretty mad too. Every time I call BB or go to the local store, the guy always tells me they either don't know or can't sell them before the release date. When I inform them people are buying them all over the country, he just blows me off and accuses me of being a BS artist. This is how they treat me for my loyalty? How can a business survive when it treats the customers like garbage, and thinks it's a privilege for me to to give them money.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'm pretty mad too. Every time I call BB or go to the local store, the guy always tells me they either don't know or can't sell them before the release date. When I inform them people are buying them all over the country, he just blows me off and accuses me of being a BS artist. This is how they treat me for my loyalty? How can a business survive when it treats the customers like garbage, and thinks it's a privilege for me to to give them money.

Seriously? They have contracts with att that won't allow them to sell it, even if they have them in stock.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Ry

CarlGalgano

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
then dont give them your money. go to an att store or buy online at ATT. spend your money where you get the best service, but this looks like it is out of BB hands at the moment. i wonder if we will ever know what is really going on.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
What really sucks is that here in the Bay area, BB ran an ad with all of their usual crap and on the phones section they show the GS3 for $199 and it doesn't say preorder. So I went in to check it out and the sales rep says 'We don't have them yet'.. So why advertise it then? BB really sucks and should be sued for this since it's FALSE advertising. The store I went into doesn't even have a dummy unit for ANY of the carriers.. Zip.. Zero.. Nada!

The good news is I went to the Sprint store and low and behold, they had both the blue and white GS3's, so I finally got to play with one.. Man, what a smooth, fast device this is. But of course they have their demos set on WiFi since there is NO 4G LTE here yet, and from what I know, Sprint's 3G is the slowest of any. So I guess I'll wait until ATT finally gets the GS3 and am definitely getting one! End of story.

Adirolfx

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Stopped by the local Best Buy today. "None in stock and no display models." At least that's what I was told. I looked around and found both colors under Sprints display (with no info card) and a blue one that was not labeled at all. (Non working units of course)

I bought my iPhone from them and it was an awful experience as well...

Mac.World

ΣΛΤ ΜΣ
May 3, 2012
Visit site
LOL...when I went back to get the refund for my preorder the BBM manager said the AT&T version of the phone hadn't been released yet. He acted like he was surprised when I told him that a ton of people already have them...

Only Sprint phones were released today. AT&T phones still haven't 'officially' been released for retail sales.

stlevouser

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
No sg3's in stock at best buys here in st.louis either. Even the sales guy said July 1 they will sell them. Hard to sell when there's nothing to buy. "They are on order" is the response.

I was asking about the Sprint version, which was supposed to be released today. Guessing they didn't have any carriers sg3's to sell. They don't have a clue. It's better to ask the UPS driver that delivers all their inventory.

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

I'm a Best Buy reward Zone silver member and get treated like crap every time I shop there, it happens. I'd assume just order online, but I like the convenience of getting what I want ASAP! :-\

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000