Camera Quality!

calvin35

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else here as surprised as I am at how good the camera is on the SIII? This thing has the best camera I've ever seen on a cell phone and that includes the One X. Colors, thankfully, are not as saturated as on the SIII and the depth of field with this camera really makes the pictures shine. In fact I am so impressed that I no longer think that I would be willing to flash a custom Rom if it meant losing the camera.

Dramer77

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
no i knew it would be good, its basically a upgraded sony sensor that was used in the iphone 4s.. but one thing your wrong about , the one X has a slightly better camera.. i have both and am a experienced photographer

jjb70

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Agree completely. And I've owned the One X and the iPhone 4s. I've had the phone about a week and a half and am still blown away by the camera. And that's generally taking shots with the default settings.

One thing I learned from my Samsung Skyrocket is that the settings in there are not just gimmicks. You can really tweak stuff to make excellent photos. I see a lot of people say "well, what about low light?" Put the camera into night mode and it's amazing the difference it makes. Pics indoors in low light will never be as good as sunny outside shots but changing that one setting makes a world of difference. The only one I've tried is burst with best shot enabled. Wow, it really works!

jjb70

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
no i knew it would be good, its basically a upgraded sony sensor that was used in the iphone 4s.. but one thing your wrong about , the one X has a slightly better camera.. i have both and am a experienced photographer
Disclaimer, mine was only an opinion about the One X. ;)

spacecasespiff

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
I had a one x also and I was very impressed with it. I can't tell the difference between the two, both are very good.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Dramer77

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I had a one x also and I was very impressed with it. I can't tell the difference between the two, both are very good.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

yea its barely noticeable, most people blow the differences way out of proportion though.. try to make it sound like the one X is way better.. its not that much better

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
With so many different phones arriving daily the reviewers are writing much ado about nothing me thinks :p

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site

I disagree. HTC's One X is very good but I do think the GS3 produces sharper and more color realistic pics. I wouldn't say someone is "wrong" over something that is, in this case, very subjective.

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I own both phones and took quite a few shots with both. I found that both are really nice cameras, but I prefer the sg3 for outside because the colors really pop. But i would say the hox does seem to really shine in some indoor pictures, it seems to eliminate shadows. At the same time I have had really bad pictures with the hox, it can have serious noise issues at times. All in all I would rather have the sg3, it takes a more consistent photo in my opinion.

kenguy79

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I had the hox for about a month. I thought the indoor pictures were soft and noisy. Outside pics were really great, but my gnex does pretty good outside in bright light, too.

Everything I've read puts the SIII better overall with some back and forth in side by side comparisons. I'm going to pick it up on Friday and see for myself.