Got my galaxy s iii from best buy with no pre order!!

Raneciansamaiya

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
So I was looking around Best Buy's site & decided to check to see if the had any AT&T GSIII in my area and they did. Went to the store and it wasn't a pre order it was just one the got in. So I jumped on it & now I'm a proud owner of a SGIII!!! Best Day ever. No more waiting on my reserver/pre order!!!!!! :)

matt9294

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Lucky! One of my local BB mobile stores can't answer if they have it but just keep saying that they can't sell it until Friday, so they obvious have it. Did you have to convince them or bribe them to sell it

oldmanjenkins

May 16, 2011
Visit site
You have to pre-order it to get it from BB right now. This is a BB/AT&T policy. Unless you pre-ordered it there is no way for the sales person to ring you up. Their system will only accept pre-orders. I tried yesterday at a BB in Tampa. They had one in stock from an overage on pre-orders. They could not sell it to me so they did a pre-order. When the order went through the system checks stock in store and then attaches my order to the phone. I pick it up this afternoon. If you try this with Sprint @ BB they can sell it to you w/o pre-order. Not saying you are providing disinformation. Just saying the original posters comment is not accurate.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Raneciansamaiya

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
You have to pre-order it to get it from BB right now. This is a BB/AT&T policy. Unless you pre-ordered it there is no way for the sales person to ring you up. Their system will only accept pre-orders. I tried yesterday at a BB in Tampa. They had one in stock from an overage on pre-orders. They could not sell it to me so they did a pre-order. When the order went through the system checks stock in store and then attaches my order to the phone. I pick it up this afternoon. If you try this with Sprint @ BB they can sell it to you w/o pre-order. Not saying you are providing disinformation. Just saying the original posters comment is not accurate.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Well Im living proof I just got mine today @ 11 am & the price matched AT&T price!!!! Ill try to post a screen shot!

hansolo2

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Congrats. My local best buy are being hard butts. They have the ATT version but won't sell them. I even have it preordered online. :(

Anthony212

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Ok I just went to Bestbuy and they have them in stock and are able to sell one to me. I told them I'll be back in a hour because I need to cancel my preorder from Att. I went to Att store to cancel my preorder and they said they couldn't because it was shipped out already and they should get the phone thursday :'(

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Do you happen to be in NYC? The Bestbuys I've been to said they couldn't sell the preorder. Another fool told me to go to the website and order one for store pickup which obviously isn't available.

DeYanKees1

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Do you happen to be in NYC? The Bestbuys I've been to said they couldn't sell the preorder. Another fool told me to go to the website and order one for store pickup which obviously isn't available.

Same thing happened to me. Went to 2 Best Buy's in the city that had them "in stock" but when I get there they couldn't sell them. Then the guy at the Union Square's best buy told me to pre-order it for store pickup just like they told you which like you said isn't available -_-

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I did learn one thing. The Bestbuy mobile by my office in the city said I get $25 off for working across the street. He said BBM is considered a mall store so across the street is part of the "mall" so I'll probably just wait till Thurs/fri at this point.

Btw it was probably the same best buy union square guy lol.

monkey28rb

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Monkey28rB: How did you get bestbuy to price match radioshack? was it easy to do?
Please share the process. Many thanks.

Radioshack had it online for 149 so i had them match it. I called the radio shack down the road and told them when best buy calls tell them they had it in stock for $149. The guy who worked over there agreed and pretty much lied to the best buy rep lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech