No SMS MMS sound notifications

islandguy808

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Starting yesterday I stopped recieving sound notifications for SSM/MMS. I removed Handcent but still no sound notifications. In fact I am not getting any kind of notifications when an sms/mms comes in, not in the pull down or the native messages icon.

Any help would be great!

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Starting yesterday I stopped recieving sound notifications for SSM/MMS. I removed Handcent but still no sound notifications. In fact I am not getting any kind of notifications when an sms/mms comes in, not in the pull down or the native messages icon.

Any help would be great!

Not sure if you are having the same issue but this happens to me on my gs2 a lot. I'm not sure what causes it but I think it's from swichi g the sound profiles. Anyway I have to go into settings and sounds while my volume is turned up and turn the slider for notifications back up from zero. See if you have an option for that under your sound settings.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

islandguy808

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Ok thanks I'll try that. I think I may have found the problem though. under the AT&T messages settings (not the native one or handcent) all the notifications were off. I actually want to delete this and just use Handcent. But don't know how! Waiting for someone to tx me to test it out. Its 245am here haha

royfalk

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I am a proud owner of a Samsung Galaxy Y and it stopped beeping when new text messages arrive.
I've tried every setting and even tried a reset factory settings. Nothing helped.
So I wrote an app to do this. Mind you, I did it mostly to solve my own problem.
It's free, there's no GUI and no ads.
If anyone is interested I uploaded it to Google Play at https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tails?id=org.royfalk.falconsms&token=drfKxJ31

Roy Falk

April2One

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I was having the same issue for so long and my work around was using Handcent. But this issue kept nagging me.
I went into the AT&T Message app and discovered that the text message notification was checked, BUT....the description stated that it would hide notifications from other texting apps. I unchecked that and now I am receiving text notifications again!