NFC question

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I can't wait to try out the NFC feature of my GS3! I've bought two types of NFC stickers, one generic (Amazon.com: 6x NFC Sticker (for NFC Smartphones): Electronics) and then some Samsung TecTiles. I want to try out the NFC Task Launcher app and theTecTiles app and see which I like the best. Anyway, my question is if I program a NFC tag to use at work (for example program it to silence the phone and launch Slacker) could my co-worker who has a Nexus S also use the tag wihout doing anything to her phone? Would that work? Thanks!

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Since you have the NFC tiles and the two phones why not just try it out yourself? ;) Then you can post your results here :D

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
My phone is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow (delayed one day bc of the holiday--ugh!) but then I will. I was just hoping there would be some NFC experts to chime in.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I obviously misunderstood your post. I thought you had all the gear in hand. There is a NFC thread on this forum that a search should easily find. Have you checked that out? There may be some information about your question there.