MirrorLink question

griffintile

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I am considering buying a Galaxy S3, and was wondering if anyone could confirm that it has MirrorLink capabilities. I already own a Sony car stereo head unit that supports MirrorLink. I purchased a Sony Xperia Ion phone thinking that it support MirrorLink without doing my research first, it does not, but I have about 20 days left to trade it in at BestBuy. I like the Ion, but I would purchase GS3 if I knew for sure about this feature, otherwise I might keep the Ion for a while.

griffintile

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Anybody, know about this? The Samsung keynote presentation showed the MirrorLink feature, but it did not mention if it is going to be on US version or not. I chatted with a Samsung rep last night, they said there was no MirrorLink, but I am sure they had no clue what I was talking about. They keep referring to AllShare, and knew nothing about MirrorLink or any car stereo connection except Bluetooth.

DoranB

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Negative. It is NOT compatible. I already had the Sony 601BT with Mirrorlink, then got the GS3 as soon as it came out and was bummed to find out that the head unit doesn't recognize the GS3.

mostlyDigital

May 26, 2010
Visit site
according to the writeup at Crutchfield, you require the head-unit, a compatible phone and the appropriate Mirrorlink app for the phone.

My recommendation is to not give up and keep looking for the app.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae