Anyone not using a screen protector?

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
It depends on your situation. If you are around sand. I would heartily recommend. I worked on a machine with abrasive sand and it murdered my gorilla glass screen. If I had to work in a situation like that again, I would most certainly put one back on.

In my opinion you have hit the nail on the head here. Where a particular environment produces very high risk to a piece of equipment you should do what is necessary to prevent damage. But for most people who don't encounter these types of situations the choice of a screen protector or not is one of personal choice not a necessity.

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
No screen protector here. The 4.8" screen is why I bought this phone in the first place. Definitely not going to cover it up!

EasyDanger

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I don't use a screen protector. My case protrudes slightly above the screen. So, I figure, unless I manage to hit the front of my phone on a corner or something, I'll probably be alright.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

abot

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I have always used a screen protector for my phones.

I think Steinheil is the best. It comes in two flavors:

Ultra Nano Clear - an oil-resistant coating that keeps it's surface clean. Any smudges from oils, cosmetics, grease are easier to wipe away.

or

Ultra Nano Optics - Anti Fingerprints and smudges

Malgus

Banned
Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Never use them i find them useless no matter what dust and other crap always got under the protector even on a zagg

Sent from the Darkside of the Force

cr105

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I got the AT&T screen protector, not a fan of matte protectors but I'm a bit neurotic about a perfect screen so can't go without.

TangoXray

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'm waiting for a good one to come out for the SIII. Don't seem to be too many offered as of yet, but I'm sure that will change soon. Got the Otterbox Commuter case so I feel better in case I drop it!

judge34411

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
No to screen protector. After all gorilla glass 2. An no to big thick cases. I bought this phone because it is slim and awesome screen

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
So much for gorilla glass 2, I went camping and I dropped the phone and it just dropped on a soft surface on sand and there was no nick on the phone but there was scratch on the screen. I have never used a screen protector and I am sure under normal usage it will never get a scratch but don't drop it on sandy surface and you will get a scratch.

On the good side, I called amazon and I told them the story and honest truth, and they are sending me a new phone overnight. I told them that it easily got scratched when it dropped on sand and I had a case on it. They said they will replace it. I was ready for a no, but I was really surprised by their customer service.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
So much for gorilla glass 2, I went camping and I dropped the phone and it just dropped on a soft surface on sand and there was no nick on the phone but there was scratch on the screen. I have never used a screen protector and I am sure under normal usage it will never get a scratch but don't drop it on sandy surface and you will get a scratch.

On the good side, I called amazon and I told them the story and honest truth, and they are sending me a new phone overnight. I told them that it easily got scratched when it dropped on sand and I had a case on it. They said they will replace it. I was ready for a no, but I was really surprised by their customer service.

Sand will always scratch your glass. Sand is a harder material. Glad they replaced it for ya!

anon(3092520)

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm not but am seriously considering it. Not that I'm worried about damaging the screen, I just can't stand all the smudges and fingerprints. Every time I look at my screen when it's off, I freak out and start wiping.

neiljay6

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Prefer not to take the risk. I have on one right now, but it doesn't fit to well. Waiting from some better ones to come on the market.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci