Can an SIII be charged with an iPad charger?

gkamer

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I suspect it charges faster, gets hotter, and runs the risk of damaging the battery or phone.

Don't u think Samsung wants their phones to charge as fast as possible?

They did not include a 2 amp charger for a reason.

Just say'n

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mike, you make a good point. I'm not sure the risk out weighs the benefits.:-\

dmmattix

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I suspect it charges faster, gets hotter, and runs the risk of damaging the battery or phone.

Don't u think Samsung wants their phones to charge as fast as possible?

They did not include a 2 amp charger for a reason.

Just say'n

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It is a point but "They did not include a 2 amp charger for a reason" is true but the reason could be that it cost more and when you ship millions of these things a 10 cent cost difference makes a huge difference to your bottom line...

Mike (another Mike)

dmmattix

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
What started this for me was an AndroidCentral podcast a couple of weeks ago when the guys were discussing the best chargers for their cell phones. One guy from CrackBerry mentioned the BlackBerry Premium Charger which is a 1.8 Amp charger and everyone agreed that 1.8 to 2.1 Amps was a sweet spot for quick charging your cell phones.

I looked at the BlackBerry corporate site where they have a blurb on the Premium charger where they claim the charger is "designed to work with your BlackBerry smartphone charging twice as fast as standard BlackBerry chargers". I don't know if anyone has done any long term testing and if I had an HOX (HTC One X) which does not have a removable battery I might be a bit leery but since we can replace the battery if it begins to fail I will probably have one of these higher amperage chargers around for that time I forget to charge the phone and I need to charge it quickly.

If you don't want to do this and have no need (I am using my old BB Torch 9800 charger right now because I am too lazy to replace it in our charging station) then don't but I like having the option so I have one.

Mike

PrincessKick

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
When I bought my iPad at an Apple store the sales guy made a point to tell me not to charge my iPhone with the iPad block. There is a chance it can fry the phone. At these prices, I'm not risking it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki