Single best feature to demo to show off S3?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
That feature been around for awhile. If you look in play satire you'll find that app
I showed the pop-out player to all my iphone friends this weekend and they were crazy impressed. Picture-in-picture one of them said.

Plus one commented on how awesome the screen was, he called it screenis envy :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Reactions: SM496
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
The active video thumbnail preview, the pop up play feature, the fact that you are not limited about adding memory to your phone meaning replaceable memory and replaceable battery as well meaning you can have a spare battery when traveling...

datastar

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I show off the NFC feature by performing multiple tasks by just tapping a NFC tag I programmed with the GS3.

Face recognition unlock is cool with the non geeks. :cool:

amdfan81

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I am pretty impressed with the Batter life of my s3 so far. Also some of the motion options are actually useful. I was on the fence but they can be a nice touch

chaunsey

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
my brothers and i have been messing around with S beam and group cast, truly awesome.

some of the motion controls like double tap to top of menu, or shake to update email, facebook etc are great.

also the panoramic camera mode is incredible!

one of my brothers has an S2 and he thought it was the same, so we compared it, and the S3 actually has a wider panoramic view and it takes half the time to take it than the S2 does.

another good one i havent messed with is the auto face tagging in pics, i havent messed with it so i dunno how it works, but if you've got it working, just a take a picture of them, and then show them how all you gotta do is tap on their face and get an option to send it to them right away.

and then as well, if you've got the stuff you can blow them away with all the USB, bluetooth and MHL connectivity. the other day i was playing n64 games on the big screen through my phone, wirelessly using a PS3 controller, truly awesome.

you could also blow them away by showing them your battery life, i went over 40 hours without charging and had 68% battery having used 1 hour of screen time.

MacBook

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Saying "cheese" to take a picture is one of my favorites

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

How come I cant get that to work on mine?:(

Edit: Never mind :) I had the voice command for apps feature turned off..

Last edited:

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
my brothers and i have been messing around with S beam and group cast, truly awesome.

some of the motion controls like double tap to top of menu, or shake to update email, facebook etc are great.

also the panoramic camera mode is incredible!

one of my brothers has an S2 and he thought it was the same, so we compared it, and the S3 actually has a wider panoramic view and it takes half the time to take it than the S2 does.

another good one i havent messed with is the auto face tagging in pics, i havent messed with it so i dunno how it works, but if you've got it working, just a take a picture of them, and then show them how all you gotta do is tap on their face and get an option to send it to them right away.

and then as well, if you've got the stuff you can blow them away with all the USB, bluetooth and MHL connectivity. the other day i was playing n64 games on the big screen through my phone, wirelessly using a PS3 controller, truly awesome.

you could also blow them away by showing them your battery life, i went over 40 hours without charging and had 68% battery having used 1 hour of screen time.

You can get battery life like that when you barely use the phone lol

Only 1 hour of screen time?

*swyped from the evo so excuse any typos*

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Get gSam battery monitor - that will clearly show what's eating your battery. Once I turned off the voice listen features (which do warn of battery drain right on the setting description), and logged out of google latitude, my battery life doubled (now pretty good!). BTW, I now use life360 instead of latitudes to keep track of family members - it's actually a lot better: you can set update intervals for each phone, but also I can ping a family member to update their location without them needing to ack.

cjb44

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
4G and screen resolution....everyone I know who has looked at my phone has been impressed at how fast webpages load and how crisp the pictures are for such a large screen.

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
When I want to show of my shiny new S3, what single aspect, feature, app or attribute is most impressive?

What is easiest to understand for a non-phone-geek to appreciate?

If I had an iphone 4S, it would surely be SIRI.

On my S3, is it flipboard on the big S3 screen?

Just letting someone hold it and light it is?

What do you think?

Thanks,

Mike

In your own discovery of your device if you haven't found features that amaze you or set the device apart in your opinion, then there's probably nothing to show off. It doesn't look good when you have to ask others what the stand out feature is.

Joemhz

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
"They are impressive for the HOX also. I did not realize HOX owners had such a complex...The question did not really specify exclusivity to the SGSIII...how about I show off how much memory I have left on my 64GB micro SD card when I show it to a HOX owner?"

We are simply trying to prevent others from making the mistake of choosing the s3 over the HOX. the s3 is totally useless in the direct sunlight. I returned my s3 after 2 days of use. It turns into a brick outdoors. The display on the HOX is superb. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome