Stock Email Client for Exchange

generalmax3

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Is it me or is the email app on the gs3 terrible.

Mine freezes and takes forever to show any new messages.

Anyone having these issues?

Zulu Warrior

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Mine seemed to be even worse than that. I had lots of issues with emails not displaying right. Something with pictures and links would come in all weird. Even after telling it to download images, load rest of message, etc... The native email is just horrible. I'm currently using a free one called k-9, and have found it to be much better. I haven't yet figured out how to make it push my emails when apps not opened though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

generalmax3

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Exactly!

I found it very annoying that I had to check so many options just for it to download whole message and pictures etc....

I cant even scroll through my emails right now.

This may be a major reason that I return this phone.

gravage

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Removed my exchange account info from the phone and started using touchdown email client...so far so good.:D

Touchdown's interface is ghetto.

I prefer the HTC stock e-mail client, but the Samsung one isn't bad. Once you set the options (download entire message, show images, etc.), it's actually pretty good. And it syncs changes to your account immediately, so if you mark something as read on the phone, it immediately shows up as read on your other clients and the web.

Unless Touchdown has changed, there used to be a delay with that.

mbranscum

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
My problem with stock Exchange was that it was draining battery big time. Changed to foward a copy to a gmail account and now it works fine.

generalmax3

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
My problem with stock Exchange was that it was draining battery big time. Changed to foward a copy to a gmail account and now it works fine.

i have noticed that my battery life is much improved also since i stopped using the default email client and am now using Touchdown.

Seems like a new phone now!

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
My gripe about the stock email client is that it wont let you select favorite folders. I make extensive use of rules and it takes so many taps to get to different folders. You can set them to push on a folder by folder basis, but then, when selected it shows you the number of emails in the folder rather than that there are any new messages. So you have to go into each folder to see if there are any new ones. PITA. Touchdown has solved those problems, but the stock ICS program on this tablet works just the way I want it to, go to folders, it shows you the recently used ones and the number of new messages in each.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Android Central Forums

simba115

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't have any problem with this. Most of the time, I get emails on my phone before my computer!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

CarlGalgano

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
My gripe about the stock email client is that it wont let you select favorite folders. I make extensive use of rules and it takes so many taps to get to different folders. You can set them to push on a folder by folder basis, but then, when selected it shows you the number of emails in the folder rather than that there are any new messages. So you have to go into each folder to see if there are any new ones. PITA. Touchdown has solved those problems, but the stock ICS program on this tablet works just the way I want it to, go to folders, it shows you the recently used ones and the number of new messages in each.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Android Central Forums

This is where touchdown truly shines. I too have a huge, hierarchical folder sturcture for the various clients/projects I work on at the same time. Touchdown has a great rules structure and I can monitor for various activities using rules. (ie if a server sends me an alert that a drive array has lost a drive, I can get an email filter the email and get an alert sound that lets me know something is critical). Touchdown also makes filing email into folder simple with "recent" and a filter mechanism. The email experience on my S3 with touchdown is roughly the same as it was on my Blackberry. I dont miss my blackberry for much, but it was a great email device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis