Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KhaylahXx

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
It happens to me every time i turn on my phone..It is soooo frustrating and Im looking for a solution !

Hi....Does it say disable or uninstall updates because in application manager i clicked google play store under "ALL" it says Disable but then under "downloaded" it says uninstall updates..so which should i click

Last edited by a moderator:

Aqinari Anami

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
ive got this error this on my Note 2 for 2 weeks now n getting sick of it.. tried to remove the google sync and re-add the account n it wont work either. i refuse to reboot the phone. anybody that have successfully get through this pls do share step by step method. im a newbie on androids. much appreciate the help. thx in advance.

My GF had the com.google.process.gapps crashing on her Galaxy S3... and gmail, play store was crashing due to that as well. It turned out to be some kind of an error while updating the apps from play store. In the application manager there was a disabled update process which after turning it back on worked liked a charm. So check it as well. It might help you.

Hi raptus, appreciate if u could give a clearer step..

adipabeta

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I remove all gapps from system.
Leave only play store and google framework.
Works for me.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

georgegeorge1

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Same problem on note 2. Solution: i went to Settings->Application Manager->All tab. I scrolled to the bottom. Download Manager was diabled. I enabled it.

keithgan

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Same problem on note 2. Solution: i went to Settings->Application Manager->All tab. I scrolled to the bottom. Download Manager was diabled. I enabled it.
You just saved my life. Thank you very much. I was gonna consider a data wipe but it was as simple as that, as I previously remembered manually cancelling a download when I was in a poor signal area. Immediately this "unfortunately process com google" error message appeared and I was trying to find a way to undo it.

Booker Pee

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for this solution. Just enabled my download manager and my phone's perked up tremendously.
It was sluggish and slow after I had stopped a download, and this message kept popping up, freezing the phone every now and then.
Am not techy so this solution really really helped.

Thanks again!

Lucho Bravo

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I have just rooted my S3 and 'froze' a lot of the bloat, and this dreaded message came up. I did as suggested, defrosted the download manager, and bingo, message gone. Thank you very much. You rock.

drmingmuse

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I signed up for this forum just so I could say THANK YOU. My gmail and playstore kept crashing and this one little thing did the trick to fix both!!! thank you again.

CATERINA PINNA

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
i have the same problem but it happens when i receive a message in google talk, have tried all these suggestions even done a reset to factory settings and still happens.. any other ideas?? got the samsung galaxy s3 mini

Denise69

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Had same problem on S3 LTE. Solution worked. Thanks very much :) :) :)
I had set a data limit, I think as the phone reached this it automatically disabled the Download Manager if that helps anyone.
Cheers again great site

Status
Not open for further replies.