Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timbacak

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
I keep getting this error message, it's usually when I am on the Internet or a application.
Not sure what it means, anyone experience this error? How do I fix it?
Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopp

That's your Google Apps process that's crashing/force closing. It's really annoying when that keeps happening. Are you rooted/rommed? If so, something may have gotten botched during a flash (or the rom isn't fully baked yet). If you're not rooted, it's probably a conflict with another app.

If the problem persists, you can either uninstall a buch of apps and see if that fixes it or do a factory reset and add back your apps one by one until you find the offender.

Blazer

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site

I got rid of it by deleting my accounts in setting (Accounts and sync) then adding them back in.

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site

i kept having the same issue wjile using the stock browser.... all i did was go to settings>application manager>internet and then I reset to defaults.... havent had that issue since.... hope this helps..

xemtra

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

i kept having the same issue wjile using the stock browser.... all i did was go to settings>application manager>internet and then I reset to defaults.... havent had that issue since.... hope this helps..

didnt work for me. still happens. it will happen on certain websites. the browser will freeze and then a few seconds later it will pop that error

xemtra

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

ok, might have a solution, still testing. but it may have something to do w/ your google account and it syncing the "internet". go into accounts/sync then uncheck "sync internet" under your google account. we shall see...

onthezone

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

I was having the exact same issue and it was driving me nuts, I just master reset the phone and did not restore the phone from apps after entering your google account during setup menu. You may not need to restore the phone to get it fixed but it was annoying me so much i just reset it. I been problems free for 3 days now.

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Try using a different browser to see if it continues...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

MacBook

May 17, 2010
Visit site

I was getting that annoying message three to four times a day.. when I disabled sync it stopped for good.

gopi korukanti

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site

Tried the below solution some ok recommended. Works like a charm for my Samsung galaxy S3. Spent couple of hours with ATT and BestBuy geek squad. No one could resolve the issue and swapped with a new phone. Started to happen on the new phone as well It was quite annoying. Below resolution just did the trick. thanks a bunch.

ok, might have a solution, still testing. but it may have something to do w/ your google account and it syncing the "internet". go into accounts/sync then uncheck "sync internet" under your google account. we shall see...

Reactions: Principal Skinner

MacBook

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Tried the below solution some ok recommended. Works like a charm for my Samsung galaxy S3. Spent couple of hours with ATT and BestBuy geek squad. No one could resolve the issue and swapped with a new phone. Started to happen on the new phone as well It was quite annoying. Below resolution just did the trick. thanks a bunch.

Yeah I mentioned that in an earlier post.. Its a sync issue for sure.. when I disabled "Sync to internet" it worked as normal afterwards:)

cbc0201

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Another solution I found is to clear the data and cache for the native browser in applications.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: b0btech

areimer

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site

So this is my third Samsung S3 ATT.
First was to hot to hold after 1st charge
2nd got this message reapeatly
3rd looked good first week then it started again
Just turned off sync and it worked fine
But I need the email to sync. Its my business
Turned back on and the error came right back.

I Will report this to Samsung and ATT but from what I read it is happening on all brands. So they have to get Google to move on this.

b0btech

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
here's the fix. simple terms, after doing a factory wipe I tried this and it works! just sucks we have to do this still on android 4.0.4...
1.goto settings
2.application manager
3.goto all
4.scroll down to internet
5. clear data!!!! :)
6.I would reboot the phone... this will reboot and wipe all bookmarks and favorites. save them before doing this...

from MY SIII in sunny FL.

ad410a40-8cb5-35de.jpg

Reactions: Principal Skinner

liidogirl

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site

I've been stuck trying to get GoogleVoice properly set up for 2 days now - would always get the "unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped." message during the app configuration for voicemail. The only thing that worked was to remove my Google account from my phone, then I rebooted, and re-added my Google account and it was all done. Now if I could just get the # to show up on my phone that I'm dialing, instead of the relay #, I'd be all set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000