Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

john bridge

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Here is a solution that does NOT require a data wipe or factory reset (that instantly worked for me on Note 2).

1. Go to > Settings
2. Go to > Application Manager
3. You should have 3 choices to view the files (that you can select near the top): "Downloaded", "Running" and "All". Select > "All" so that you can view everything.
4. Scroll and find "Downloads" and open it, then if you see a button called "Enable" then click it to enable the downloads (if it first read "Disable" then don't push it because your downloads should already be Enabled).
5. That is it! After I Enabled Downloads, my problem was solved.

- - - Updated - - -

NiteshBaid

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
thank you it worked actually what happened with me was when i was updating subway surfers then the download didn't start so i held the subway surfers process and then i tapped on app info then to remove subway surfers from the notification bar i unknowingly disabled download manager

then i did the following
went to download manager in application manager>all and enabled download manager then all went right with me

this forum really took me out of a big problem
than you :D

misslb90

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Same problem on note 2. Solution: i went to Settings->Application Manager->All tab. I scrolled to the bottom. Download Manager was diabled. I enabled it.

THANK YOU!!! I have been having this problem for weeks now & had no idea why!! I was about to restore my phone settings which is the last thing I wanted to do!! I can't believe it was so simple!!

kinkazilla

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
You saved me from a data wipe thanks so much! I had read so much about this issue and seen so many different fixes but this nice and simple solution worked like a dream. Phew. Now off to find a decent app that backs up all my stuff in case I ever need to do a factory reset in the future. Pure genius. Thanks again! :D :D

lisamirt

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 and the solutions given did not work for me. I checked the Download Manager, it was already Enabled. I cleared Data in all Google applications but I still got the error message.
Samsung Customer Care advised to do a Factory Reset. I was reluctant as I could see everyone else in the forum had no success. So I went ahead anyway. I noticed that the error message only appeared once I Restored all my backup data from Kies. So I did the Factory Reset again but this time I Restored my backup data from Kies section by section, using the phone for 5 minutes after each Restore, to see which section contained the corrupted file. In the end I was able to Restore all backup data - no corruption file found - no more error message. For some reason the phone did not like the automatic Restore, I had to do it manually section by section.
I hope this helps for anyone still experiencing problems.

abips

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
thank you for this.... had the same problem and I was beginning to think it was a hopeless case. but i was able to search this forum and now my problem is fixed. thanks a lot.
:D

ravi kiran1

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopp

Hi , I have some issue , which is simillar to this kind , I.e when I am trying to add my google account into my HTC one x , , its showing error like could not connect to server or ur device has some prob , , I tried all sort of ways like clearing cache, data and also tried company reset still nothing solved my prob , , can any one plz help me out

Status
Not open for further replies.