Video calls are really bad!

editdroid9

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
My last phone was an iphone4, and I really enjoyed the facetime. Now on the sgs3, i can't find a video call app that even approaches usable. What I want to know is, are there any att sgs3 users out there successfully using a video chat app?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

editdroid9

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Both were a bust for me. So were oovoo, qik, the talk app, and fringe. I don't know if there is something wrong with my phone, or if all att sgs3's have this problem. My pet theroy is that the 1.8 MP front facing camera is the culprit. Most phones have a 1.2mp camera. That's a 50% increase in data.

onthezone

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I just used tango and it worked just fine going to an iphone 4s from my gs3, try master reseting your software and not restoring when you step up the phone. I was having tons of problems untill I did that.

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Both were a bust for me. So were oovoo, qik, the talk app, and fringe. I don't know if there is something wrong with my phone, or if all att sgs3's have this problem. My pet theroy is that the 1.8 MP front facing camera is the culprit. Most phones have a 1.2mp camera. That's a 50% increase in data.

I only do video chat if the other person is on wifi... Works flawlessly for me ovoo, fringe

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

editdroid9

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
We are both on wifi with gs3's. Same setup we both had execpt iphone4's, when it was working great. I'm gonna try a master reset.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
No problems here on wifi or lte. Looks better than any other phone with the hd front camera

editdroid9

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
So I did a factory reset, being careful to not download old settings,and made a tango call. It worked great!
I have a nook color running cm7. It may be that when I first activated this phone, it downloaded a corrupting setting from my account being linked to the NC. Thanks for the tip.