What BLOATware should I disable in Settings | applications mgr?

CozierZebra

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I just disabled:
AllShare Play
AT&T Navigator
ChatON
Flipboard
Kies Air
Media Hub
SNS
YPMobile

Went into Google Chrome afterward to watch a video and discovered Flash videos no longer work. I've gone and enabled everything I disabled, but I'm still not getting flash to work through Chrome now. It works fine in the Internet app, but not in Chrome anymore.

Any suggestions?

D16RR

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Run it on the internet app. It never worked on chrome. On the plus side, you have vivid dreams. In flash even! :)

I just disabled:
AllShare Play
AT&T Navigator
ChatON
Flipboard
Kies Air
Media Hub
SNS
YPMobile

Went into Google Chrome afterward to watch a video and discovered Flash videos no longer work. I've gone and enabled everything I disabled, but I'm still not getting flash to work through Chrome now. It works fine in the Internet app, but not in Chrome anymore.

Any suggestions?

CozierZebra

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
It did work in Chrome lol. I know because I was upset that after finding a way to get flash videos to play that they wouldn't work in Firefox. I settled for Chrome and now I can't even get that going again.

I tried reinstalling Firefox just for kicks and now it works in Firefox.

moify

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I like to root in stock and just uninstall apps through that. Does anyone have a list of safely removable apps?

I saw this:

AllShare Controller
AllShare Play
AT&T Messages
AT&T Navigator
Bubbles
ChatON
Clock (funky)
Clock (modern)
Dual Clock (analog)
Dual Clock (digital)
Face Unlock
Flipboard
Google Play Books
Google Play Movies
Google Play Music
Googe Search
Luminous dots
Media Hub
My AT&T
Phase beam
Samsung account
Samsung Backup Provider
Samsung Cloud Data Relay
Samsung Syncadapters
SNS
Street View
Talk
TalkBack
Trim
Yahoo Finance
Yahoo News
YPMobile

I would uninstall all of that, but I want to get it as clean as a Custom ROM.

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I like to root in stock and just uninstall apps through that. Does anyone have a list of safely removable apps?

If you don't know what something is, make sure you disable it first, just to make sure your phone runs fine without it. If you uninstall something that the phone needs, you'll be in trouble.

Chris8414

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
this is an absolute waste of time. Download GSAM Battery Monitor Pro. This will tell you whats sucking the life out of your battery! More than half of these apps dont even run!!! Wasting your time!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer