Love my new phone but.......

gkamer

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
The sound level is just way too low. I have hunted all over the phone for sound settings and cranked them up as high as they go, but I still have trouble hearing alarms and incoming calls. Part of the problem I think is the speaker is on the back of the phone, so when I set it on my desk it gets all muffeled.

Any apps that might help here????

Creek

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
The sound level is just way too low. I have hunted all over the phone for sound settings and cranked them up as high as they go, but I still have trouble hearing alarms and incoming calls. Part of the problem I think is the speaker is on the back of the phone, so when I set it on my desk it gets all muffeled.

Any apps that might help here????

I've got the same problem. Had the same issue on my sky rocket.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I have had no issues but then, I keep my volume maxed out when I am not in the office or a place requiring the phone to be muted.

Androidmomma

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I am having same problem. Actually getting ready to go buy an old school alarm clock. But wait, didn't I just drop $300+ yep the volume is not loud enough to wake me up. Other than that I have not had a problem with it being not loud enough to hear calls, speakerphone etc. But not waking could be do to the alarm sounds. Maybe it's me the alarm sound choices of things sounds like daybreak waterfalls and fairy sunshine dance just don't wake me, Idk.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

gkamer

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I am having same problem. Actually getting ready to go buy an old school alarm clock. But wait, didn't I just drop $300+ yep the volume is not loud enough to wake me up. Other than that I have not had a problem with it being not loud enough to hear calls, speakerphone etc. But not waking could be do to the alarm sounds. Maybe it's me the alarm sound choices of things sounds like daybreak waterfalls and fairy sunshine dance just don't wake me, Idk.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I'm thinking the sounds they included are part of the problem. Too naturish. I copied an old ringtone over from my pc. The opening of "Bad Boys". That baby rocks on my phone. Guess I'll have to create a bunch of my own ring tones and leave the cutesy feely ones Samsung included for someone else.

Speaker phone works great though. A little too good. I like my phone conversations to be private. :p

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
The first thing I did when I got my S III, was to load my own tones. Well, tones from my iPhone and BlackBerry days. After doing that, along with moving the notification sound bar in settings, all started to 'sound' as loud as it should be...

The theme that Samsung have used on the device has very 'soft' \ 'low' tones\sounds, hence the issue...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36