Factory Reset SGs3

joyfulmom2

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I have been advised on another forum to do a factory reset but had a question and wasn't getting my answer so I thought I would ask here..

If I do a factory reset on my Samsung galaxy s3 I know everything gets wiped away but how do I go about saving my apps that I bought and my contacts? That's the part I need directions on.

Thanks

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I have been advised on another forum to do a factory reset but had a question and wasn't getting my answer so I thought I would ask here..

If I do a factory reset on my Samsung galaxy s3 I know everything gets wiped away but how do I go about saving my apps that I bought and my contacts? That's the part I need directions on.

Thanks

All of your apps are tied to your Google play account. You can always re download them with no problem. Otherwise when you do the factory settings from the phone only pick the phone data. This will leave your apps I believe. There for your only reinstalling the os it self.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy SIII

joyfulmom2

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the information. I have only owned a iphone so it was always easy to use itunes to do this so was very confused.

Thanks again.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey no problem! Thats what we are here for! I hope everything works out good for you! Keep us posted on the hard reset goes. I have hard reset my S3 one time for fun. Just to see how it works. It's done in minutes! Just be sure you have close to a full battery in case it takes a while.

joyfulmom2

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Sure will.............I did forget to ask..........this also applies for apps that I have paid for? I have no problem with the free ones but ones that I have bought I don't want to loose..........lol. Androids are a whole new world for me...........lol.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Sure will.............I did forget to ask..........this also applies for apps that I have paid for? I have no problem with the free ones but ones that I have bought I don't want to loose..........lol. Androids are a whole new world for me...........lol.

Yes even the ones you have bought. If you reset the whole phone and after you reset up your Gmail account open the play store...

Click the Google Play Store > Menu Button > My Apps > Then swipe over to my apps.

All of them should be listed. Some will say bought if they have been bought. Then click on that app and start the download! You will not have to re-buy any apps. This also keeps tracked of any free apps that you have downloaded in the past. Also if you don't want to reinstall them you don't have too. This includes bought apps. buy you will be able to download them at any other time later if you want to use them again. I have a ton of games that I don't always reinstall. Due to space or I have played the hell out of them!

This same idea works with any tablet or new phone that you may buy in the future as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star