This glass is EASY to crack

joshrodriguez

May 14, 2011
Visit site
A buddy of mine cracked his glass on the phone the second day he got it. Dropped it from his pocket onto his wood floor and it completely shattered. I've had mine for about 2 weeks now, just dropped it onto a tile floor from about 3 feet from the ground and I have a HUGE crack right down the middle. I've had 7 android phones in my smartphone career and I've never once broke a screen, man this sucks! Anyone have any success stories of having their glass repaired already from a phone repair shop? Let me know...

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
A buddy of mine cracked his glass on the phone the second day he got it. Dropped it from his pocket onto his wood floor and it completely shattered. I've had mine for about 2 weeks now, just dropped it onto a tile floor from about 3 feet from the ground and I have a HUGE crack right down the middle. I've had 7 android phones in my smartphone career and I've never once broke a screen, man this sucks! Anyone have any success stories of having their glass repaired already from a phone repair shop? Let me know...

And to think a case could have fix this!

I hope your able to fix it though. I'd recommend an otter box case. Defender is nice.

Good luck!

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy SIII

Jon_Cox

May 26, 2010
Visit site
And to think a case could have fix this!

I hope your able to fix it though. I'd recommend an otter box case. Defender is nice.

Good luck!

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy SIII

'Tis the danger of rocking a naked phone. Good luck and if you find someone double check the quality of the repair. My friend works as a mobile tech at an Apple Store and has stories of all the substandard part replacements and installs gone wrong by supposed "qualified" technicians. I'd just foot the bill on a replacement. If we can afford smartphones, we can afford insurance.

I'd say there was more to the wood floor than meets the eye- I've dropped my iPhone twice on my ironwood deck and had no breaks. No case either. And it doesn't have GG2.

joshrodriguez

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I know I know, I just love phones without the cases. The natural feel of it and look of it. Like I said, I've been using naked smartphones for years and I've never cracked a glass, EVER! Until now... boo hoo

I'll let everyone know how the glass repair goes, $50 vs. $175 is a big deal. I can't believe they've gone up to $175 for replacements now too!!! I haven't needed a warranty since I had a blackberry curve when it first came out!

sigmamason

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I dropped mine less than 10 inches and spiderweb glass in a case. Phone is at Samsung now for repair ($180). Probably will sell it as I was leaning to return it and now will miss my 30 days cause of this...

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Get the case and the AT&T insurance its only 6 bucks a month

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I guess the moral of the story here is...

Treat these SGSIII's like your baby child.. You wouldn't drop them would you? No you wouldn't... Something bad would most likely happen...

I know what everyone is saying though..... I have never been one to throw a case on mine, I like rocking my devices naked. Guess that rule doesn't apply anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC