How Do I Save My Pictures & Videos to the SD Card

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I can't seem to find the setting to save my pictures and videos to the sd card and not the internal memory

Open the camera. There's a little settings icon/cogwheel. Press it and options open up - scroll down to near the bottom you can select where to store the photos.

Same process for the video recorder.

tye207

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
nope, i've got the same problem on my htc desire... a lot of problems with this phone pertaining to memory, which is why i need to be able to store pics to the nearly empty sd card. i have no options anywhere for it though.

SHO_ONE#IM

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
If this hasn't been answered yet then let me see if I can help.... I ran into a similar situation and my fix was simple.... Go to your settings and then to the camera app and clear your defaults...

Now, launch your camera app and you should be prompted to use your SD card.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Khalil Hart

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Literally just found out but the way you move your stuff from the internal memory to your SD card is go to storage. Then manage internal memory. Then it'll ask what you want to move ex. pics vids music. And If the other way around just go to manage SD memory. Hope this helps and if you want pictures to go to either your SD card or internal memory go to the camera. Then press the settings icon and choose it there.

texasotts

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I am not able to do any of the above. I see the settings in camera but it'd faded out so I am not able to change it and I cannot do it in my settings do phone either. Can anyone help? I want to make my card where photos go

Frank Mason

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded from galaxy s to galaxy s3. All my photos on my old phone are stored in internal memory, and not on the sd card. How do I transfer those to the sd card so I can see them on my new siii? Thanks...

Marie Abarzua

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem.. i bought a 32gb SD card and im trying to put my photos on it but camera has the storage faded out... how do i transfer everything?

papathom

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
My S3 camera is set to save my pix to the sd card, however it always saves them to the camera. I've reset it numerous times. Can anyone help? Also how do you transfer pix from camera to sd card?

marie727

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
What I did was take out my SD card insert again then mount, go over to camera settings and you will c where it says transfer to SD card...

Voliam

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
My S3 camera is set to save my pix to the sd card, however it always saves them to the camera. I've reset it numerous times. Can anyone help? Also how do you transfer pix from camera to sd card?

Go into <settings>, <storage> and make sure your SD card is "mounted". You might also try formatting the SD card, especially if you didn't upon intallation (IF YOU HAVE ANY FILES ON THE CARD YOU WILL LOSE THEM UPON FORMATTING!). You might also try unmounting/ mounting the card.
To move pics to your SD card, install "Quickpic" from the Play Store. The "Gallery" app doesn't have the option of moving files. I believe QuickPic will automatically import existing pics but I can't remember to be honest. When you see the thumbmails of your pics, click the checkmark in the top right corner of the screen to enable "multiselect". Highlight the pics you want to move, then click the menu button (three squares in a column) on the top right, and select "move to". On the resulting file menu, you have to find your SD card. On my menu, I select "storage", then it shows my phone storage (labeled "sdcard0") and my SD card (labeled "extSdCard"). Click your SD card and select the location on the card you want the pics to go to (in my case the "Pictures" folder). If you don't have a Pictures folder, you can create one by selecting "new folder" at the bottom of the screen, then assign it a name. Select "OK", and the previously selected pics will be moved to that new folder.

Garry Turner

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I found with my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 that the move to option wasn't available in Quickpic until I selected a picture for a few seconds and a blue border appeared around that pic, then the move option was available. And to choose multiples I selected the first pic (blue border) then selected the last pic I wanted then all from the first to the last would have a blue border, then the move option was available for all selected. It took only a few minutes to move 500 pics. Thanks to Volium for pointing me in the right direction.

Voliam

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I found with my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 that the move to option wasn't available in Quickpic until I selected a picture for a few seconds and a blue border appeared around that pic, then the move option was available. And to choose multiples I selected the first pic (blue border) then selected the last pic I wanted then all from the first to the last would have a blue border, then the move option was available for all selected. It took only a few minutes to move 500 pics. Thanks to Volium for pointing me in the right direction.

Garry, that works great if you're moving every pic to the same destination. However, if you have a variety of shots and want to move them to different folders, use "multiselect" (the checkmark on the top right). That allows you to select multiple pics, but skipping ones that you don't want to go to a particular destination folder. Glad you like the app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995