Back to iPhone 4s

zeteo

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I would have loved the G3, but ... not being able to send messages on wifi is bad. The reception was horrible! I am within 8 feet of my wifi, and it would drop the signal land go to 4G with 2 bars! Full bars on my iPhone both wifi and cell.

The spam produced by malicious apps was unbelievable! I have NEVER received a spam notification on my iPhone. Speaking of texts ... totally unreliable. It might work and it might not.

I also could never get used to feeling. It felt cheap, and was too big for me.

Sorry friends, I gave it three weeks ... returned this morning. Glad to be back to iOS and away from fragmented Android.

cckgz4

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Eh I don't think you came into this with an open mind. And when has anyone been able to send messages on WiFi? Maybe you're referring to imessage which is an apple feature only

Sent from Le Cyan de Lumia via Board Espresso

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I would have loved the G3, but ... not being able to send messages on wifi is bad. The reception was horrible! I am within 8 feet of my wifi, and it would drop the signal land go to 4G with 2 bars! Full bars on my iPhone both wifi and cell.

The spam produced by malicious apps was unbelievable! I have NEVER received a spam notification on my iPhone. Speaking of texts ... totally unreliable. It might work and it might not.

I also could never get used to feeling. It felt cheap, and was too big for me.

Sorry friends, I gave it three weeks ... returned this morning. Glad to be back to iOS and away from fragmented Android.

Did you even have the phone??? Or is this just a troll thread? lol

zeteo

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Did you even have the phone??? Or is this just a troll thread? lol

No I sure had it. There were several things I liked but what didn't work was horrible. My usual data usage is less than 200 mb a month, with the G3 I used 2.5 gigs in under a month due to the fact it wouldn't stay connected to my wifi. I am disabled and seldom get out.

I need a totally dependable phone. The G3 failed. I really tried to like it.

Dramer77

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
ive seen him post on other threads... hes a long time iphone user who has no real clue about android... sounds like he got a bad phone.. mine never drops wifi.... also i seen a post of his in another thread where he stated that things in the iphone were more integrated... things in ICS are far more integrated than iOS

Last edited:

Jon_Cox

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Meh. I'd guess he never actually had one. Android, by nature, is a more complex OS. I'm not being negative against Apple, but it truly is. I'd say iOS is slightly more integrated, which is the reason it's more fluid. Until Jelly Bean hits and then that argument becomes moot.

MERCDROID

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I find it absolutely hilarious when iOS users switch to Android for only "a few days" or "a few weeks," miraculously receive a lemon from the millions of Android devices out there, and then declare war on Android as they crawl back to iOS misinformed. If you're as simple-minded (no offense) as this thread is, and want a gadget that doesn't allow you to tweak anything, or that you don't NEED to tweak, then go back to your iPhone and wait till the fall ;)

zeteo

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I thank those of you who have made serious replies. Because I really had no experiences with which to compare what I was experiencing with the G3, I never thought the device might be defective. I had both called AT&T tech support, and had the phone looked at in store, no one suggested I might have a defective device.

I am glad to see some adults on here.

Reactions: b0btech

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
How long did you have the GS3 before returning it ? I have had mine since June 21st coming from a 9810 and have not looked back but, at least, I gave it a concerted effort which continues. If you are on AT&T, you had 30 days buyers' remorse. What color was yours? You might have encountered less friction if you had given it a real go. It is all about personal preferences. The GS3 is not for the faint of heart.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
The biggest problem for Android is their devices are good enough that Google doesn't have to hire "Genius's" to spoon feed the benefits to consumers. iOS users are so reliant on these bars, that they can't venture out on their own. They needed that status symbol that an iPhone produces or they aren't happy.

Choices and control is not for everyone. Some people need their decisions made for them, and that's why Apple exists. Steve Jobs knows them better than they know themselves and that is how they like it. Tim Cook takes over for them now, and as long as that apple logo is on the back, they trust Cupertino. It would be a shame to have a GS3 in an Apple fan boys possession anyway.

Sent via Droid Razr Maxx

zeteo

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
How long did you have the GS3 before returning it ? I have had mine since June 21st coming from a 9810 and have not looked back but, at least, I gave it a concerted effort which continues. If you are on AT&T, you had 30 days buyers' remorse. What color was yours? You might have encountered less friction if you had given it a real go. It is all about personal preferences. The GS3 is not for the faint of heart.

I bought it July 3 and returned it today. It was a 16G Blue with a 32 G memory card. All my apps came from the Play Store. Thanks for the courtesy.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
ive seen him post on other threads... hes a long time iphone user who has no real clue about android... sounds like he got a bad phone.. mine never drops wifi.... also i seen a post of his in another thread where he stated that things in the iphone were more integrated... things in ICS are far more integrated than iOS

ya i nvr have problems with wifi either. I get almost a block away b4 i loose my wifi. sure it gets really slow after a ahalf a block. but still dont get disconnected

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I bought it July 3 and returned it today. It was a 16G Blue with a 32 G memory card. All my apps came from the Play Store. Thanks for the courtesy.

You had the unfortunate happenstance to post in an Android forum. Understand from their point of view. I saw my share of vitriolic troll posts on CB forums so I can understand their skepticism. iPhones are great devices but I am one that doesn't like being told what is best for me, a journey I would prefer to take myself to discover how best to customize my device. Customization is the main attraction and not conducive in such a closed iOS ecosystem. It may be that the new iPhone to be released in Sept will have some next gen features. If not, it will be another new wrapper on the same architecture.

Sargeant002

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
It's a shame you most likely had a defective model. I was a an iPhone user on my personal line for the last 3 years. So far my S3 has been great. Then again I only had an iPhone and not the 4S. My gf has that.

Brian-

Sent from my AT&T SGS3 using Android Central Forums

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The inability to hold WiFi was addressed in another thread. Could it have been the router that needed updating?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci